Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question for the community i want to put a quick release hub on my rex since the theaft of hondas is on the rise here in las vegas so im thinking of installing one, now i was wondering the following
A) what quick release system would work the best and if the memebers of the community have quick release hubs installed on there rex's
B) what steering wheel would better fit the quick release
C is there different options of lenght for the quick release hubs

i guess you cant stop a thief but to make it a little harder on them, thats why im asking the community for there advice or comments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know that Omni Power makes one... I've seen it on a few EF civics so it shouldn't be a problem...

I was considering getting a quick release as well. But the implication of carrying the steering wheel with me wherever I go didn't seem too much fun. I would re-consider if I ever had to drive a car with a full cage and had trouble getting out of it. :wink:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went to a local shop here is vegas and they wanted to charge me $ 130 for the quick release and the steering wheel, to me that seems over priced so to clear the confusion that i felt after hearing the price :shock: and this might seem like a dumb question but what are all of the parts needed for the quick release system

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I would never buy a no-name brand for something like that, it's your steering after all. Spend a little more for NRG or something that you know is safe to use, not a knockoff that's questionable. I usually advocate getting brand name parts for other reasons, but steering and brakes are the MOST important place not to cheap out, it's personal safety. You can get an NRG quick-release gen2 hub for around 80 bucks new, and probably pick up a Momo or other hub for under $40. Shop around... You'll find some good deals.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i dont want to go cheap and end up on some ditch because my steering wheel came off, ill look into nrg and see what they have to offer after all like downest and Its me DUB said thats something i would not want to go cheap on.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Its me DUB said:
I agree with Tom, but at the same time...I've had both NRG and an NRG-like hub that cost $30 less side by side and they looked and felt exactly the same. I don't want to say skimp out on everything to save cash, but a lot of products just slap their name on it and charge x% more, just because they can.
Part of the cost is the RD companies put into the products. If you don't support the companies that are doing that, they won't be able to make more products, and there won't be any new cheap knockoffs either. Intakes are a good example of this, you could get one on ebay for 30 bucks, or drop 200+ on an AEM. Why? Because AEM spent countless hours designing and testing their tubes to be the best, and the other companies just copied the design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.