Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just noticed that my cam gear on my z6 head is slightly bent and had to be replaced... . .are the ythe same as the a6 and can i use my spare a6 one or do i need one just for a z6?

also anyone have one... . ill buy it or trade for something

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I wish I still had my Z6 head...I would've been able to answer your question quite easily.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to assume that they are different since they reccomend anz6 belt with a mini me swap..... but then agian it is probably more so the placement of the tensioner and the deck hight of the head as i see the z6 head is taller..

ill have to compare them when i go home tonight. . .

thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
No,....not different.
Use the A6 cam gear and save a few bucks.
Although the Z6 head is a few MM's taller and requires the use of a Z6 belt the A6 gear will work just fine.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ollie. . . i just noticed that mine was bent.... . i bought the head off ebay and threw it on... . got the timing belt ( z6 belt) on and tight and ran it around the house a little now the belt is loose as a goose.. . .Then i noticed the bent gear... . ill pull the one off of my old head...

another quick one... . . would it be the same as the 1.5 head? i have one of those too and some guy wants to buy my complete a6 head... and i wanted to keep it complete. .. but if i need the gear, i NEED the gear.. . . and he can have whats left. . . .. .

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
toxiclows said:
thanks ollie. . . i just noticed that mine was bent.... . i bought the head off ebay and threw it on... . got the timing belt ( z6 belt) on and tight and ran it around the house a little now the belt is loose as a goose.. . .Then i noticed the bent gear... . ill pull the one off of my old head... another quick one... . . would it be the same as the 1.5 head?
I do believe all d series are similar,but dont hold me to that one.
Why not match up the d15 to the A6 one and compare?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Hehe
doublepost pwn3z joo chris. :lol:

·
Registered
317 Posts
i lined up my 2 cam gears and it appears that they are the same...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great. ths darn think is running badly agian.. . . i think it jumped time..... belt is loose and the top gear is still bent. I am going to swap out the pulley and redo the belt and timing. and hope it runs better.....

·
Registered
634 Posts
If you replaced the cam gear and it's still bent, it ain't the cam gear. (Sorry for coming in late on this conversation; you're probably already figured this out).

Chances are, someone dropped the head on the cam gear end, and it may have bent the end of the cam a bit, where the gear bolts on. :( Which sucks, because if that's the case, the cam's toast.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts