Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
not surprising with the amount of money involved. the racing teams pay lots of money to the track for a race day, and they arent gonna cancel it for a little rain, thats why they have rain tires. but they probably didnt expect it to rain that hard/long, whichever. still crazy, lots of damage. sucks for the guy who got nailed by the blue viper, sucks worse for the guy who owned 2 of those cars! :shock:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
GSRCRXsi said:
not surprising with the amount of money involved. the racing teams pay lots of money to the track for a race day, and they arent gonna cancel it for a little rain, thats why they have rain tires. but they probably didn't expect it to rain that hard/long, whichever. still crazy, lots of damage. sucks for the guy who got nailed by the blue viper, sucks worse for the guy who owned 2 of those cars! :shock:
You aparently don't understand anything about racing.
The teams (with or without money) don't have ANY say in any of the organization. (Unless you have another conspiracy theory for this one)

The race organizers should have communicated with the marshalls WAY earlier, and waved the red or atleasts a yellow flag 2 turns ahead. I didn't see any flags until at the end of the chaos, and they had plenty of time.

Bad management. Nothing more.

·
Registered
566 Posts
SETI20 said:
You aparently don't understand anything about racing.
The teams (with or without money) don't have ANY say in any of the organization. (Unless you have another conspiracy theory for this one)

The race organizers should have communicated with the marshalls WAY earlier, and waved the red or atleasts a yellow flag 2 turns ahead. I didn't see any flags until at the end of the chaos, and they had plenty of time.

Bad management. Nothing more.
you misinterpreted my meaning. i was talking about in terms of cancelling the event before it ever happened. they do take the weather into account. but it seems this was a freak shower. i wasnt trying to say the teams had any say, just that they put up the money to race. and theres a lot of money involved. i agree bad management.

Ti Rider said:
How the heck did that corner worker not have both his legs broken? That is one lucky son of gun.....
looks like he somehow jumped (or got thrown) up over the car, flipping back kinda. hes even luckier the rear of that car was all smashed up and gave him a little room. he'd be done-ski for sure.

·
Registered
952 Posts
This shows a perfect example of the fraise "wheel hopping."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.