Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Something is wrong with the relay, or there's a short. The fan, even when wired correctly, rarely comes on.

Jeff, you should address your overheating problem, not just leave the fan on. The car shouldn't overheat normally.

·
Registered
79 Posts
check the fan switch, it might be broken

while the car is on, unplug the fan switch and see if the fan turns off
if it does then you have a bad fan switch

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
baker_jeff said:
I wired mine up to do just that yesterday, because my car was overheating like a mofo.
Hmmmm... that's like a band-aid on a wound that requires medical attention. Make sure you try to find the root of the problem. It could be more serious.

·
Registered
79 Posts
#23 is the fan switch

remove the plug and start the car, fan should be off
jumper the switch with a paper clip or something, the fan should turn back on

if all conditions are true then the fan relay is ok

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First I would like to say no F'n way I'm I going to fight my way back there again. The first time was with SETI and that took FOREVER. Second time I was replacing the intake so it wasn't to bad. Short of removing the intake again I could care less now. I give that switch the middle finger nay the double dueces is what that thing deserves. Thanks guys but I'll wait to fix that little piece of shizer.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
It's not that bad. If you have some good jack stands and a creeper, you can work your way back there pretty easy. Once you know what you're looking for, it's fairly easy to spot and get to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.