Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arite...well ive had this headunit in my car for months already, and it has decided to stop, i checked the fuses, nothing, i check the wires, nothing, but with the wires, the guy i got the car from, and car buff installed the radio for me but the radio wriing harness was cut so he just connected the wires up, could it be that? cuz i was thinkin of by the harnesses for the crx and for the radio, then it might work, because the power button on my stereo still lights up, its a Dual, yea ive heard its not so great of a brand but hey it was free from best buy, so yea...any help?

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
Yank that unit out and go here...

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

If the factory wiring harness coming from the car is missing (from what i am getting by your post, it is) go to a junk yard and find another 88-91 Civic or Crx. Get the factory radio wiring harness, give yourself LOTS of wire slack, and cut the harness out.
Take that to your car and simply match up the colors.

Then go about re installing your aftermarket head unit.

That is what i had to do with my car. Previous owner hardwired the stereo he had so i had to fix the hack job.

I hate it when ppl ghetto rig hardwire headunits into cars, that is the WHOLE point of the aftermarket harness you need to buy to plug into the one coming from the car, SO YOU DON'T RUIN the car's wiring harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.