Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the most part, everyone here is a Honda aficionado(sp?) or fan or pack-rat... :lol:

I know that there are things out there that are rare, odd or just plain strange accessories or parts that we may not see everyday. Some may be worth more than others, some may not.
Post up what ya have, if anything.

·
Registered
215 Posts
JDM stuff is always fun for the ricer crowd. My tastes run towards performance parts. Sadly, the after market stopped supporting my 1st Gen about the minute the 2nd Gen hit the market.

For the old school guys, my collection inlcudes:
Mugen LSD
RC Engineering throttlebody
Lightspeed Racing rear sway, bar torsion bars and adjustable panhard bar
DC Sport header
DC Sport short shifter
Momo 13x6 wheels

None of this stuff is available new anymore.

Scott

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cbstd said:
For the old school guys, my collection inlcudes:
Mugen LSD
RC Engineering throttlebody
Lightspeed Racing rear sway, bar torsion bars and adjustable panhard bar
DC Sport header
DC Sport short shifter
Momo 13x6 wheels

None of this stuff is available new anymore.
That's some quality old school stuff.

Lately i have been intersted in finding pre-91,odd Honda accessories/optional items.
Whether it is JDM or US, doesnt make a difference to me.
I found a decent steering wheel from a 90-91 Prelude. It is a nice looking wheel and under the "H" logo in the middle it says "4WS", which i thought was just kind of cool since not all 'ludes came with 4WS.

Also i have a tendency to look for old school "Si" badges, it may be some sort of OCD thing.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I had 3 tire valve stem caps that had the "H" emblem on them. Does that count? lol
And as big a pack-rat as I am I can't believe that's all I can think of right now. :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I also have a side draft carb manifold for the D15A3 pakced away in a box. I am in the middle of moving so I have been forced to sift through my collection of crap and weed out the the important from the useless.

I also failed to mention that I have a set of OEM rear speaker enclsoures, a right side mirror delete plate, a radio blanking plate, an antenna delete plate and a clock delete plate for my 1st Gen.

Out here in California the junnkyards used to be full of 1st Gens and plucking choice parts was easy. The pickings have gotten much slimmer in the last couple of years.

Scott

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
My oddity/rarity is a wheel weight. We recycle wheel weights at work. One day I tipped a bucket by accident in our van. I was picking them up and spotted this

Ive looked in the others ive picked up but this is the only one Ive ever found.

·
Registered
83 Posts
cbstd failed to mention he has the first CF one piece hood for his 1 gen, this is a rare item as they are a limited production.

My rare stuff starts with my car, an oem optioned 87 Si convertible(1 of 310 made) with CF one piece zc hood, #12 in the production line and the last one made untill production begins again.

Datalogger/trip computer

2x rear reflective center garnish(one on each car)

Rear upper window spoiler(Canada option only)

EDM black housing H4 headlights(oem everywhere except the us/canada)

·
Registered
551 Posts
3 si trannys
8 door pannels
ew3 si motor
d15b2 motor
jdm ZC block
jdm ZC motor
3 guage clusters
a 2 guage guage pod
60mm throttle body
4 head lights
oem corner lights
si dash
throttle cable
wagovan wheels
3 steelies
4 oem honda timing belts new!
3 good but used water pumps
brand new 86-87 timing belt still in the box w/ tensioner (integra)
extra 88 CRX hf
rsr springs
apc coilovers
91 civic fender
95 gsr front bumper
2 88-91 crx front bumpers
91 civic front bumper
jdm b16 header w/ down pipe
2 dp injection intake mani.
ZC intake mani.
ZC oil pan

this is about it. other than a bucket full of misc nuts and bolts

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOLF said:
My rare stuff starts with my car, an oem optioned 87 Si convertible(1 of 310 made) with CF one piece zc hood, #12 in the production line and the last one made untill production begins again.
Beautiful 1st gen Crx's.
Are those the EDM smoked clear corner lights?

How is the Hood NOT a 1pc., didn't realize they orig. had 2 pc hood.
Does the 1pc hood, go all the way to the bumper,eliminating the original "nose piece" usually separating the hood and the bumper?

90crxhf_w/ZC said:
3 si trannys
8 door pannels
ew3 si motor
d15b2 motor
jdm ZC block
jdm ZC motor
3 guage clusters
a 2 guage guage pod
60mm throttle body
4 head lights
oem corner lights
si dash
throttle cable
wagovan wheels
3 steelies
4 oem honda timing belts new!
3 good but used water pumps
brand new 86-87 timing belt still in the box w/ tensioner (integra)
extra 88 CRX hf
rsr springs
apc coilovers
91 civic fender
95 gsr front bumper
2 88-91 crx front bumpers
91 civic front bumper
jdm b16 header w/ down pipe
2 dp injection intake mani.
ZC intake mani.
ZC oil pan
this is about it. other than a bucket full of misc nuts and bolts
'91 Civic bumper and fender,'95 GSR bumper? Seriously?
The topic is not what you have laying around.
How do ANY of those things fall into the rare or odd Honda parts category?
:frusty:

·
Registered
83 Posts
baker423 said:
WOLF said:
Beautiful 1st gen Crx's.
Are those the EDM smoked clear corner lights?

How is the Hood NOT a 1pc., didn't realize they orig. had 2 pc hood.
Does the 1pc hood, go all the way to the bumper,eliminating the original "nose piece" usually separating the hood and the bumper?
Yes those are EDM smoked corners and also EDM tail lights.

These usually have a header panel that always breaks because it is plastic with a square hood. This hood combines the 2 for a one piecs hood like the 2 gen, a wonderful improovement on this car.

Thanks for the complements, it's not everyones cup of tea.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOLF said:
These usually have a header panel that always breaks because it is plastic with a square hood. This hood combines the 2 for a one piecs hood like the 2 gen, a wonderful improovement on this car.
That's what i thought.
Def looks much cleaner & sleeker without the header panel.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
HackAbuse said:
Your car is effin SICK dude.
Actually I think it's EWin' sick ;)

I have an old school Momo wheel in my car I found in a junkyard, along with a late-70s horn button for it. Scott has the button now, but I'm rocking the wheel in my car and I love it, it's only 300mm, smaller than most others I see. I also had a factory EQ that I got from Dub last year, but I sold it to Penz to go with his ridiculous OEM DX build, I didn't really use it anyway. Dodo hooked me up with a radio block-off plate, which I think is a little rare (I haven't seen another in person) but I think it's also still available from the dealer. I had a factory USDM foglight switch and wiring as well... switch is gone and I haven't been able to find the damn wiring.

I don't really keep stuff if it's not useful to me, I wouldn't really have accessories just packed away not being used. I want to enjoy my car, and if someone else gets something out of having some rare stuff, I'd rather they have it if I can find something better to replace it. I've heard stories about crxforum's car (post it!) with tons of OEM parts on it, and driven all the time, I definitely respect that. It's a car, not a collector's item!

·
Registered
123 Posts
When i bought my rex i found a rectangular panel that said honda on the front and made of plastic. I came to find that it is used for blocking off the space that the radio goes in, in the center console. I dont know if this is rare or not but i havent seen any others. Ill have a pic of one soon because i looked for one on google and couldnt come up with any matches.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hcrx333 said:
When i bought my rex i found a rectangular panel that said honda on the front and made of plastic. I came to find that it is used for blocking off the space that the radio goes in, in the center console. I dont know if this is rare or not but i havent seen any others. Ill have a pic of one soon because i looked for one on google and couldnt come up with any matches.
You can still buy them.

I googled and ebay'd it and came up with these...
http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo. ... offpl.html

http://motors.search.ebay.com/search/se ... arch&fgtp=

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.