Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you know me no better than the guy who keeps bitching and moaning about the tuners industry, and the airheaded people running it, taking advantage of the even airheadiederder clueless customers.

This is where I have to take my hat off, and commend Bob on his -AWESOME- work. I've been spying on him for a couple of years and oh my god has he come through.

I think that he is the rare exception in the tuning world along with a couple of other small businesses that are actually making practical parts with the customer in mind. His fairly cheap portmatched flanges are a good example. Most of the more expensive brands don't even do that. Now THAT is innovation.

I'm -painfully- short on cash right now. But I would LOVE to get my hands on a set of his braces. Bob, I vote you produce some N/A manifolds with your flanges, please...for some of us not lucky enough to be able to run boosted.

If you need someone in Europe to do some promotion for you, I hereby volunteer. Hell...I'd even slap a windshield banner on my car.

If you have stuff you need testing for, or it's in the way... send it my way. I'll do anything to help out a fellow small business.

·
Registered
416 Posts
jfrolang said:
Bob's fender braces = :p
I purchased a set but they won't be installed by this summer unfortunately. It is very rare in this "tuner" enviroment we live in today to find real inovation. How many different companies make pretty much the same fuel rail for instance.

I also second the NA manifold. I'm looking to build a NA beast but the lack of available products and the prices on stuff you do find make it very difficult. It seems most aftermarket products on the market are just for show or turbo.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Sorry, i just have to say something here....

Robert is a great guy, no doubt... but i have to speak the truth, whether anyone here likes it or not. If you don't like it, then PM me, i'll give you my number, and i'll let you know about it in person over the phone, or in person if you're in FL... lol.

Those flanges are not his, he did not design them, he bought them. The guy who makes them is really cool to. He MAY be a reseller for them, in which case, thats great! Maybe we can get them cheaper then... hehe

They are exhast flanges for turbo manifolds, not for intake manifolds.

The fender braces are not "innovative"... sorry.

Anything else?

Go RC Autoworks! You KNOW i've been a supporter of you, and i still will. I'm not "hating", just speaking ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
For the record I am aware of the fact it is a turbo exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ComposiMo said:
Those flanges are not his, he did not design them, he bought them. The guy who makes them is really cool to. He MAY be a reseller for them, in which case, thats great! Maybe we can get them cheaper then... hehe

They are exhast flanges for turbo manifolds, not for intake manifolds.
Granted. They're still not the stock run off the mill flanges. And I still commend him just for thinking it through further than most. (most...not all)

Ofcourse there are more companies out there with nice stuff.
BMCracing (flanges?) Explictspeed etc etc...oh and that RPI place. :lol:

The fender braces are not "innovative"... sorry.
Not "new" maybe, but not just 1 on 1 clones.
Plus, the A-sports aren't what they're hyped up to be. And they're expensive and hard to get.

Anything else?
Stop yapping and go think up some nice affordable stuff we can buy!

How about a bolt-in rollcage constructed so you can send it up to me?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks, this thread made my day.

The port matched flanges are not design by me, rather Samuel over at www.bmcrace.com , great guy. I don't think I ever took credit for them, sorry if it came off like that.

As for the fender braces go, I have 3 sets left. After that I might not be making them anymore, its still up in the air though. My main machinist hit the road and won't get back to me. And quit honestly, a lot of people that said they wanted them, never got back to me.

Not innovated, but I seen the need to make them and sell them for a lower price. Plus it seems like the other company kind of went off the end of the world, getting in touch with them was pretty hard to do.

As far as things I'm testing, cross members are in the works and a few other small things I'm testing out. I don't know if I will ever make N/A headers anytime soon, I have not seen a big demand for them. I know a few other companies make great N/A headers, and they do cost a good penny. But it seems like the people that stay N/A and really build up there engines, have the money to spend $900 on a N/A header. Who really knows though, IM me and we can chat.

I have stickers I could send you if you want, nothing huge at the moment though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Keep us up to date on a crossmember...I am definately interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts