Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up all
I just picked up a 91 hf w/ a d16z6 running the hf tranny
i also got the z6 tranny, and I want to do a real hydro conversion.
a buddy said that I gotta get the corresponding pedal assembly, slave cyl. and clutch lines. I also read on HT about the hasport and innovative kits, most of them are running into cable stretching problems and poor adjustment. what parts do I need to get this tranny running right in my car? I've decided that an si tranny is out of the question unless its cheaper than the conversion

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've called all of the junkyards in my area, and I found one that might grind for $350, they weren't sure. The other yards told me to surf ebay, I saw 1 for $325 shipped. anyone have one F/S in the midwest, or anywhere?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
No offense dude, but that signature has got to go. Also, if you read the rules for posting i believe it is recommended to keep big pictures out of signatures.

SOrry, I know I'm a freak. In the end, its up to the mighty moderators. or even the less mighty ones. like tom.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
The rules are actually NO pics in the sig here, nor links IIRC which some others have, but at least those don't take up my monitor.

Welcome to the site

You would have to get the full set up from the hydro tranny. I'm not sure about the pedals, but I would imagine so. Its probably not really worth it to convert.

·
Registered
293 Posts
im not sure this was mentioned or not but the z6 trannys have different mounts. no front mount different style rear mount assemble and im pretty sure the side mount locations is very different also

scarponze

·
Registered
675 Posts
I plan on converting mine to hydro also, all you should need is the clutch mc and the line. I have swapped a 240 from auto to man, that required the pedal assembly, but converting to hydro shouldnt. The same idea applies though. For the auto/man conversion we had to drill a hole in the firewall and mount the clutch mc, hook it up to the pedal, and run the line to the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
632 Posts
zulued said:
im not sure this was mentioned or not but the z6 trannys have different mounts. no front mount different style rear mount assemble and im pretty sure the side mount locations is very different also

scarponze
x2, all mounts are different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.