Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the rear knuckles of a 95 teg fit my 89 rex DX for the rear brake swap?

Also, I know someone PM'd me with parts that would work, I seemed to have lost that PM. If you remember who you are :shock: , please pm me or if you know of anyone with the parts.

Thanks
BP

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Only the fronts have knuckles. The rears are trailing arms. I'm not sure if 95 integra's work, but I know that 89-93 integras do (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the years). You can also swap just the brake components onto the existing CRX trailing arms. Most people just swap the whole trailing arm to save the extra effort.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stick said:
Only the fronts have knuckles. The rears are trailing arms. I'm not sure if 95 integra's work, but I know that 89-93 integras do (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the years). You can also swap just the brake components onto the existing CRX trailing arms. Most people just swap the whole trailing arm to save the extra effort.
Sorry, meant trailing arms. Thanks for the info.
BP

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
all trailing arms swap. use all your stock links. as an alternative, you can just swap your spindles to the disc spindles.

one big nut and 4 torx bolts and you are good.

you need the spindles (or complete arms), calipers, ebrake cables, brake lines, caliper, rotor, pad, and 4040 prop valve.

If you leave all your links alone you shouldnt even need an alignment.

[email protected]

·
Registered
779 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
If you leave all your links alone you shouldnt even need an alignment.

[email protected]
I would still get it done. Suspension work of that degree should get an alignment, especially if you don't know the trailing arm is straight I'd get it done 2 weeks after the install, once everything is settled in good.

Swapping trailing arms is pretty easy, but remember to grab everything. Trailing arm, hub/spindle, rotor, caliper, brake hose, ebrake cables and aswell grab the hardware removed from the other car, incase one of your bolts decides they don't need to exist anymore, comes in handy.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Yeah, thats why i said 'shouldnt' need. Especially if you are using poly trailing arm bushes, the pin slides freely side to side so theres really nothing you can wack out of alignment if you leave your other links alone.

if i was unsure about my trailing arm skill, id def get an alignment afterwards, but ive done it enough times where its easier to be careful and keep on going without.

if you are replacing your trailing arm bushings with oem style ones, and you are lowered, remember to clock the bushing when you put it in.

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.