Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was leaving for work and my co worker told me one of my back lights were out, so when I got home, I took apart the plastic tab to see how to remove the bulb. ( its the rear light that stays on - its next to the signaling bulb). Well I looked to see if I could pull/twist the plastic holder thing, bulb socket I guess, but it wouldnt come off. how do you properly replace the bulb?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Last time I changed my bulbs I really had to muscle it for that quarter of a turn. I almost put a wrench on it. Then after I turned it that quarter turn it still didn't want to come out. You have to pull it straight out fairly hard.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
mine were corroded in the sockets big time from a water leak.

Just break the glass bulb, and use pilers to turn and pull the metal base out of the socket.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the advice guys. I got a better grip today, rather than trying to rush to remove it last night. and yup, all I had to do was give it that quarter turn. the bulb was cracked open lol. bought a pair and replaced em both! good stuff :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.