Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that when you install the rear seat the original cargo cover will not fit?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
jvillarr said:
Is it true that when you install the rear seat the original cargo cover will not fit?
Yes, it is true. The seat back goes higher up than the USDM divider... so the cargo cover is shorter on the JDM cars.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what if you wanted to custom make a cargo cover, what material would be easy enough to take the shape yet still be sturdy? I'm thinking about doing it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
though i really think its cool to have a back seat in there i wouldnt recommend it. the whole rear end of those cars is a crumple zone and the surrounding roof area wont survive a roll over. so really what im saying is. if you have 4 people in the car, dont wreck or you may go home 2 people fewer.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm curious, If our cars came from japan, and they designed them there, and they have back seats there, why are ours any different safteywise if we add the seats?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Because the US government has higher crash standards. Anybody can get a license here - whether they can drive or not - so they have to build bumper-cars for everyone to drive. That's why we don't get any of the really cool or efficient (lightweight) cars anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yep. in other countries it cost a ton of money and it takes a good while longer than in the u.s.a. to get a drivers license, so there arent as many bad drivers there. if you where to put a full body length roll cage going right back to behind where the back seat and strut towers are then maybe a back seat would be ok, but i really wouldnt want to try it. would never want anyone back there just in case something went wrong.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
the only reason honda even put it there was to sell it to people who wouldnt buy a 2 seater, even though thats all its good for. back seat is for looks. Unless you have no legs its useless.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, I actually have one, and have had it about 2 years/3 crx's worth. It's even survived a crash, someone blasted the rear driverside and the seat area was all fine. The rear fender folded, and the interior piece went in a bit, but not far enough to hurt someone. Whats really dangerous is your head location, directly under the hatch glass/ next to the rear quarter window. A good hit would send your head through either easily.

I've ridden in the back seat plenty, and so have several tall/fat people. Lets just say your not riding 4 deep in your car often, if at all (I wont, it's too cramed) I'm 5'10 and my head has about an inch or two of clearance sitting up straight. You can easily and comfortably fit 3 in there.

Over-all I love my rear seat. It looks nice, people jock it, comes in handy, and most importantly it's JDM. I paid around 700 for mine in mint condition shipped from the UK, from www.s-and-g.com but off an eBay auction.
Definitely worth it, takes 1 hr for a very easy install

·
Registered
117 Posts
while very thin, the cushion is still plenty cumfy (sp?) and the storage bin gone makes plenty of room. I also think you underestimate your passenger seats ability to slide forward. It goes far, and unless the person in the front seats a dick, they'll stick their legs under the dash. You could fit 2 people both 6ft or under in the passenger side of the crx comfortably. Tallest guy I had in back was about 6'1 or so, and his head touched the glass. if you slightly lean your head, its gravy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts