·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced these pieces???

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've replaced the rear side window trim. I've come to the conslusion that to properly install them the window must be removed and the trim/window installed at the same time.

That doesn't mean it can't be done. The trim has a plastic tab that goes into a hole but impossible to do with the glass on. I cut the tab off and filled the hole with silicone. Also removing the garnish in front of the rear window helps. I glued them back in with liquid nails.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DAP91Si said:
I've replaced the rear side window trim. I've come to the conslusion that to properly install them the window must be removed and the trim/window installed at the same time.

That doesn't mean it can't be done. The trim has a plastic tab that goes into a hole but impossible to do with the glass on. I cut the tab off and filled the hole with silicone. Also removing the garnish in front of the rear window helps. I glued them back in with liquid nails.
Any idea how much both side windows cost and roughly how much it would be to have them installed?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I bought mine when I had my car painted. I paid $25 a piece for them. I broke both my windows. First window I tried to put it without taking out the glass. Second window I had out and it shattered in my hands. I bought new glass and paid $75 to have them installed. I wont mess with glass again :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.