Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
They are a pain without the proper tools. I was able to do one without a press, but it took me a LONG time. And it was so much of a pain I decided not to do the other side at the time. Id say take it somewhere, unless you know of someone with a press and knows what they're doing. I ended up getting both replaced with OEM parts when I had my suspension overhauled.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
They are difficult to do without proper tools.Tom is very correct about that.They are a PITA....that is unless you get one of these------>

That tool was from this page.Matco tool part #MST6510

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The Matco Tools page said:
Part#: MST6510 Price: $189.95
It looks like it would get the job done, but... damn. Too bad there's no community tool loaner service. :)
They claim the book time is 1.8 hours per side. What's a typical labor charge these days? $80 an hour? That's $200 for the tool versus $290 in labor.
Strange though... They could have made it service '90-93 Integras (maybe other models as well?) by including a second cup thingie. I guess the additional models weren't worth the R&D/machining.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i took it to my local shop where i usally get all my work done on my car. And the guy told me 40$CND each side. 80$ total.. Was a Deal,so my car right now is sitting on the host getting the bushings changed. One questions i was gonna ask was that would i feel a difference in the bushings in the back or can you not tell....????
Evan

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I wish I could tell you but my new bushings are still sitting in the box a year later because all i had access to was an arbor press. Actually, that would have probably worked with a lot of effort if I wasn't too lazy to make a sleeve to fit the bushing ring.
My suspicion is that the rear end will feel tighter and you'll feel less slop when turning hard, and accelerating.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When I swapped my bushings, they were almost completely gone (each had one of two vertical supports still connected, and the others were going), and were causing a really annoying squeaking as the rubber rubbed against itself. That sound, if you've got it, will definitely go away.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Tr0n said:
Well i took it to my local shop where i usally get all my work done on my car. And the guy told me 40$CND each side. 80$ total.. Was a Deal,so my car right now is sitting on the host getting the bushings changed. One questions i was gonna ask was that would i feel a difference in the bushings in the back or can you not tell....????
Evan
its a world of difference if they were blown to begin with...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.