Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been thinking about having a little fun with my aging CRX. I would like to hear if there are any suggestions as to what kind of body kits I should get, or avoid. Please note, I am asking for technical info, not personal preference.
i.e. Kits that are made of quallity materials, NOT "This kit looks cool".
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
look for a urethane kit. They hold up better to abuse. OEM bumpers are urethane. They are also a bit heavier than fiberglass, which is pretty easy to repair, with patches.

We installed a wings west kit on my friend's rex, it had pretty good fitment, which probably translated to great since his car was hit in a couple spots, had cheap 'glass fenders, and required a LOT of metal patches.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
rex2nr said:
look for a urethane kit. They hold up better to abuse. OEM bumpers are urethane. They are also a bit heavier than fiberglass, which is pretty easy to repair, with patches.

We installed a wings west kit on my friend's rex, it had pretty good fitment, which probably translated to great since his car was hit in a couple spots, had cheap 'glass fenders, and required a LOT of metal patches.
I have a Wings West kit and it worked out very well. See my pic. They also have been around for awhile so if you have bad luck you can get replacement parts which is an issue with some of the other ones.

Richie[/img]

·
Registered
390 Posts
The urethane bends more than the fiberglass. Fiberglass will tend to crack then rip/tear if to much force is exerted on it. Buddy of mine had a WW front on his rex and rear ended someone and it only left some scrapes on it and it bended it some. Needless to say it's still in really good shape and would be unnoticable if he were to repaint it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jfrolang said:
The Wings West RS kit is officially out of production, they're becoming harder to find.
dammit..and here i already sold mine to Azulito..i should have slept on it for a few more years and let the price go up. course..technically he hasnt picked it up from my house yet....hmm..j/k

well Wings West is out of business so it makes perfect sense...i thought VIS had bought them out..surprised theyre not gonna continue the production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.