Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These have been out for a few years now , but i still appreciate them!
If you have 20mins or so to kill to watch all 3, go for it.

Not saying that Crx's are anything like them, but here is an exmaple of yet another car from the 90's with a cult/iconic following that died many yrs ago.

If i had the deep pockets, i would jump into a mid 90's Supra...and still have the CRX! :D

Good job Toyota, scrap the Supra and develope/give us the Prius & Echo! :?

·
Registered
779 Posts
baker423 said:
The supra only got scrapped in the US due to poor market. They still had them till very late 90s in Japan, I beleive maybe even 2000-2001 (I ain't no supra guy, I know nothing about them).

I can't wait to go home and watch the vids. Damn work lol.

·
Registered
952 Posts
This is actually a car that ive been looking at buying lately. Still keeping the crx and have this in the garage(i wouldnt be able to aford the insurance right now.) All dreams i wish i could do.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Dodo said:
This is actually a car that ive been looking at buying lately. Still keeping the crx and have this in the garage(i wouldnt be able to aford the insurance right now.) All dreams i wish i could do.
Inline six supra with a nice turbo setup is one of the baddest rides around in my opinion. I love me some big block action, but if it was a SS Chevelle or a TT Supra I'd go with the yota.

Definitely a bad ass car.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
the annual texas supra meet is nuts. most of the cars had waaay high horsepower this past year. pretty soon you'll need 800 horses just to get in!

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
god damn supras are sexy. Nice vids...thanks baker.

A guy that autocrosses sometimes has a very clean Supra...looks like the black one in the video. Looks amazing, but 2 out of 3 races he had to get it towed home because something breaks. Not saying they're all like that...

I'm going to be helping my buddy rebuild the engine in his 87 Supra this summer. Not as hot, still neat car though.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ludesrv said:
baker423 said:
The supra only got scrapped in the US due to poor market. They still had them till very late 90s in Japan, I beleive maybe even 2000-2001.
'97-98 i beleive was the last year for them in the states. I think they went on in Japan until 2000. The MSRP on one back then was 40k, for a stock turbo, loaded Supra. Today, there is nothing out there that looks that good, yet alone factory turbo'd, for 40k! But thanks Toyota for giving us all these cool hybrids! :rolleyes1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.