1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crxfisher said:
Oh this is gonna be a fun topic.
:lol:

Actually, I have no problem whatever anyone wants to believe as long as they keep it to themself. Hey, lots of people think we are dorks because we believe CRXs are great cars. Others believe in astrology, numerology, witchcraft, hobbits or what you. But they are harmless unless they get themselves into positions of power and believe their god told them to start wars.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Intolerance=stupidity.

Just like you argue that religion is the root cause, I would argue that intolerance is the root cause.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I go to Church and believe in God but I don't need to go preach it to the world. If you believe, you believe. If you don't, fine by me. But don't go around telling me my God doesn't exist and then go and book off all the Christian Holy days so you can get the day off! One of my coworkers does this all the time and although it's not really a big deal to the big wigs at work, it kind of pisses me off.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crxfisher said:
Intolerance=stupidity.

Just like you argue that religion is the root cause, I would argue that intolerance is the root cause.
Zactly. But religious fundamentalism is currently the intolerance du jour that is creatin instability in the world.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
progress said:
One of my coworkers does this all the time and although it's not really a big deal to the big wigs at work, it kind of pisses me off.
Of course, most of the christian holidays were coopted "pagan" holidays. And why shouldn't us rational humanists be able to take holidays off? After all, most are now secular celebrations.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Charles said:
Actually, I have no problem whatever anyone wants to believe as long as they keep it to themself.
So why did you start this topic? Don't you teach at a University or something? I thought you were all about the freedom of open discussion and ideas? So basically as long as everybody who believes something different than you keeps it to themselves, then that's cool. That sounds like fundamentalist to me.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crxfisher said:
Charles said:
Actually, I have no problem whatever anyone wants to believe as long as they keep it to themself.
So why did you start this topic? Don't you teach at a University or something? I thought you were all about the freedom of open discussion and ideas? So basically as long as everybody who believes something different than you keeps it to themselves, then that's cool. That sounds like fundamentalist to me.
Perhaps I should have been clearer. I don't mean to confuse the free expression of ideas with imposing your beliefs on others. Fine if you want to believe in what I consider superstition, but don't use my tax dollars to finance them or forcefully impose your values on my behavior when what I do or say is not harming others.

·
Registered
603 Posts
SETI20 said:
You are mistaken.

Religiousness = lack of intelligence.
I does not matter what religion it is.

"In god we trust" is just as stupid.
Wow, we have a winner. Most offensive post of the day.
I cannot believe how many of these posts always come up in car forums. Where on earth do you get off saying statements like these?
I don't even want to get going. Talking to people like you is pointless.
Close minded beyond belief.
Well, sorry if I have to be short but I am going to church and have to clean the house for my inlaws. Plus, I have all this drool to wipe off myself because religion has turned me into a bumbling idiot. Duh...what was I talking about? :cookoo:

·
Registered
404 Posts
IMHO, since this a a CRX forum and seeing the deep feelings this subject always brings up, if I were the moderator there wouldn't have been a post to reply to. Additionally, since this is a private forum, neither freedom of speech nor freedom of religion apply.

·
Registered
603 Posts
bobski said:
CrxCarl said:
Talking to people like you is pointless.
Close minded beyond belief.
So you're just going to belittle his statement and refuse to talk about it? You call that being open minded?
If he wants to talk, I will. He can PM me.
Just ask Heu (dohcrxl) about my willingness to discuss religion in a respectful dialogue.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.