1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
SETI20 said:
You are mistaken.

Religiousness = lack of intelligence.
I does not matter what religion it is.

"In god we trust" is just as stupid.
Wow, we have a winner. Most offensive post of the day.
I cannot believe how many of these posts always come up in car forums. Where on earth do you get off saying statements like these?
I don't even want to get going. Talking to people like you is pointless.
Close minded beyond belief.
Well, sorry if I have to be short but I am going to church and have to clean the house for my inlaws. Plus, I have all this drool to wipe off myself because religion has turned me into a bumbling idiot. Duh...what was I talking about? :cookoo:

· Registered
603 Posts
bobski said:
CrxCarl said:
Talking to people like you is pointless.
Close minded beyond belief.
So you're just going to belittle his statement and refuse to talk about it? You call that being open minded?
If he wants to talk, I will. He can PM me.
Just ask Heu (dohcrxl) about my willingness to discuss religion in a respectful dialogue.

· Registered
603 Posts
Yeah Jeff, you are right. But at the same time, as a teacher, I feel it is my responsibility to inform people and discuss with them. I have atheist friends. The reason we get along is that they respect me and my beliefs. When somebody makes a broad generalization, I get annoyed. Not just from a religious standpoint, but from a humanity standpoint. It is just rude to be that disrespectful. Especially in this globalized day and age.

· Registered
603 Posts
crxfisher said:
I'd like to see where in the bible it says anything about forcing people to convert to Christianity. And why did they think it was right to rape and pillage in the name of Christ? In the Koran however, it is clearly advocated. Mohammad himself taught and practiced killings and raping to further his religion. So maybe that's where those "Christians" got their ideas from. It wasn't from the following of Jesus though, that's for sure.
Exactly, and that is why as a Christian, these posts bother me. Because everyone tries to connect my religion to the Crusades. I'm sorry, but I don't remember any Lutherans starting any wars on the unbelievers.
The argument that so many people always try to use against me and religion always centers around the evils of people. People are sinners and do bad things. So, to say that Christianity is evil because of what some people did in the name of it is silliness. Being a Christian doesn't make you perfect.

· Registered
603 Posts
I will say it again. One who studies any religion must be very carefull not to attatch infalibility to its leaders. No person on earth (other than Christ) lived the perfect life. That means that every single pastor, teacher, prophet, pope, and church member does bad things that can be labeled as a "sin". And every single atheist does these sins as well. No matter how clean you aim to be in life, you will always say something mean, do something dishonest, and so on.
So, when somebody tries to tell me that Christianity is evil, I can always use the blanket statement that people are evil, not Christianity. If I believe the Bible is truly the inspired word of God (which I do), then all arguments can just shed off me like water off a duck. Whether you like it or not, the moral compass inside all of us was put there by your creator. He instilled in each of us a sense of what is right and what is wrong. Awareness and the ability to make decisions with free will is what separates us from the animals.
And because I have faith in the Bible as being the true word of God, I can simply use scripture to point out all the ways other religions have corrupted these teachings (some in the name of God). In no place of the Bible does it elude to the idea of Heaven consisting of virgins for the men. This is just one of the ways that humans have corrupted faith.
You can spend your whole life searching for credible, tangible, imperical evidence of how God is not real. But in your search, all you will find is emptiness. Because that is what a Godless existence is, emptiness and nothingness. It would be better to have not been born than to turn your back to the love and charity that God tries so diligently to hand out to his children. Everyone receives blessings everyday. Believer and unbeliever alike. God is constantly trying to reach out to all of us, allways giving us a chance to acknowledge Him and his love that he pours out to us. But some still deny Him. But He will still try.
The love and good things that are in your life are given to you by a loving, heavenly father who desires all to join with him in paradise.

UBI caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor.
Exultemus, et in ipso iucundemur.
Timeamus, et amemus Deum vivum.
Et ex corde diligamus nos sincero.

Translation:

WHERE charity and love are, God is there.
Christ's love has gathered us into one.
Let us rejoice and be pleased in Him.
Let us fear, and let us love the living God.
And may we love each other with a sincere heart.

What is there not to like? He isn't out to get you, just bring you home.

· Registered
603 Posts
Charles said:
So all other faiths are false? And there is only one true god? Good for you. No need to question anything.
If the teachings don't follow Christ and the Bible, then yes, cut and dry, quite simple for me.

Not everyone is right, in spite of what the secular world tries to tell everyone.

If this makes me a fundamentalist, then so be it. Because that belief is fundamental to my faith.

Commandment number one: You shall have no other gods before me.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.