Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the blower box assembly (because the fan blows so weakly) and Helm's manual shows disconnecting evaporator lines. Doesn't this mean I will need to redo the refrigerant?

Anyone done this? Tips? Advice?

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ollie said:
Charles,
If you replace just the blower motor I have heard of a way to wiggle the motor out without evacuating the A/C system.
If you are going to replace the whole blower box asy you will have to have the system evacuated.
GL on the repair.

BTW:If you decide to evac the A/C please...please...please do it properly.Dont vent the freon into the atmosphere.
I will try to find the article on getting just the motor out to test it.

Not sure if I give a damn enough to go to the shop and have the R134a evacuated.

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
88DXCRX said:
By the book,You would have to discharge the system.. :cry:

There are however, a couple of ways to cheat...
Good info. I will probably be working on this with it hovering around 100F here. My wife thinks I should wait until fall when it is cooler and just tough it out for now. (I invariably screw things up on my car and have to redo several times over a period of weeks).

Problem is, I may have a real job in the next week or so and can no longer just sweat it out in shorts and a T-shirt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.