Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be replacing clutch soon and need some how to's or pointers. Or if anyone has a write-up on it. Thanks

The Nashole

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Josh, i see you are from STL. Im orignally from southern Mo, ever make it down that way?

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Great writeups. My only contribution is this - when you go to remove your axles be very, very careful with your balljoint's threads, I learned this lesson the hard way. They are incredibly easy to damage. I highly recommend this method, it doesn't even touch the balljoint's threads or boots, and requires no special tools - Easiest Method . Watch the video in the link if you have any questions about it.

· Registered
418 Posts
nashole said:
Josh, i see you are from STL. Im orignally from southern Mo, ever make it down that way?
Actually I'm from southern Missouri but live in Stl.

Ti Rider said:
Great writeups. My only contribution is this - when you go to remove your axles be very, very careful with your balljoint's threads, I learned this lesson the hard way. They are incredibly easy to damage. I highly recommend this method, it doesn't even touch the balljoint's threads or boots, and requires no special tools - Easiest Method . Watch the video in the link if you have any questions about it.
Or you can remove the axels without seperating the balljoints at all. I vaugly remember a couple arguments back in the day discussing if seperating the ball joints was even necessary. I've never seperating the balljoints myself but some argue that the job is much quicker if you seperate them...

· Registered
5,147 Posts
You dont need to remohttp://hondatech.info/ve any ball joints to get the axles out.

Take the radius rod loose from the lca. Remove the nut/bolt combo holding the knuckle to the lcs. Remove the bolt holdig the lca to the chassis. Remove the bushing assy...I guess its a sway bar :lol: Of course the axel nut has to be removed as well. Push the axle out of the hub and rotate the hub towards the outside of the car. It will look like this.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tanks everyone

Josh what part of south mo?

· Registered
418 Posts
nashole said:
Tanks everyone

Josh what part of south mo?
Originally from Farmington...a small town about an hour south of Saint Louis and an hour north of Cape.

Krix...thanks for the pics. The only problem I've had with that method is sometimes it is hard to get the radius rod bolts aligned and started.

· Registered
5,147 Posts
with my traction bars im only using one bolt hole. what I use to do was use a screwdriver to line the holes up, then take vise grips and clamp it down to thread the bolts. Plus this helps out alot on those bolts http://www.amazon.com/Duralast-17MM-Fh- ... B0008F68GM

I have double for most of the sizes in the racheting wrench set. I highly recommend them to anyone that doesnt have a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.