Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. My muffler on the 90 SI is ratteling like crazy inside. It's time to replace it. I thought about getting an ebay exhaust but most of them are straight types and wouldn't line up with the notches in the back for the exhaust. Also I'm worried that most of them are going to be loud and ricey.I'm not a fan of fart cans. I like to hear the engine sing athigh rpm but when cruising I like it to be nice and quiet. Any suggestions? I am on a budget here or I would just order a stock replacment.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
108 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info andy. That exhaust is out of my bidget though. Do you happen to remember the size of the piping? 2.25 right? Inside or outside diameter?

Autozone have replacments for 15- 30 bucks. :) that's waaaaay more in my budget.

· Registered
108 Posts
2 1/4" i/d; 2 3/8" o/d. TheT304 is 1/16" thick. My system's 2 1/4" i/d all the way from the headers.

BTW - you're right about Autozone's prices - I wish I'd tried there before I went online! :cry:

The price was for the entire cat back, not just the muffler.

Here's the cherry bomb at $21.99
http://autozone.com/R,APP1386564/ve...partType,01917/shopping/partProductDetail.htm
Here's AZ's performance muffler at $229
http://autozone.com/selectedZip,554...itialvehicleId,1608903/shopping/selectZip.htm

Good luck!

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couldn't find prices on the ansa. I ended up getting an OEM replacment from Advance Auto. $60. The AutoZone ones all had single outputs. I wanted to keep the dual tips.

I did take a quick ride today with no muffler at all. Unless you get on it it's not really that loud. Although at WOT it was prety obnoxious. Not that I would ever consider driving like that. But it was funny for a trip around the block.

· Registered
106 Posts
drnknmnky13 said:
irtrueno said:
for what its worth i bought an ebay cold air and it was a total piece of crap.
Sorry to hear that. Not sure what that has to do with mufflers and exhaust... but thanks for sharing. :)
uhhh im basically saying ebay parts are crap. that is what it has to do with your situation.

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
irtrueno said:
drnknmnky13 said:
irtrueno said:
for what its worth i bought an ebay cold air and it was a total piece of crap.
Sorry to hear that. Not sure what that has to do with mufflers and exhaust... but thanks for sharing. :)
uhhh im basically saying ebay parts are crap. that is what it has to do with your situation.
I'll say SOME ebay parts are crap. I'll even go with A LOT of ebay parts are crap. However I have purchased some pretty nice parts from ebay.

I wouldn't base the quality of every part on ebay on one cheap CAI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.