Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Maybe partly because you posted a specific link to this site. Whatever though, I'm sure Steve knows this exists, and I'm sure he's read posts here. There have been more subtle links over there in the past, I think a couple people even found this through an ad on the Resource.

·
Registered
428 Posts
One of his rules is not refering people to other CRX sites. He wants his site to be the place that has all the information you might ever need... and for awhile it probably did.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
back when i was still posting there i changed my www link to this site. i dont post there anymore so it doesnt matter.

i dont think links to redpepper, crxperf, honda tech etc... are banned. Its pretty screwed up i think.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Here is Master Steves answer to this

STEVE Jones Wrote
Nothing new. A script searches the display filter list and applies the changes to the source in the message base. Since this is a drop/insert exercise for the database, and consumes ample CPU time, I schedule the script to run once a week.

This has all the hallmarks of another divisive thread, with so much angst. We just don't need it. I'm locking it. Folks, if you have a meet to announce, Submit News. If you know of a site that would be of interest to the members, give us a Web Link. If you have constructive criticism or an observation about how to make CRX Resource better in your mind, drop me a Private Message. If all you want to do is vent your spleen and let us all wallow in your filth, well, there are thousands of places on the internet where that's perfectly alright. Go find them.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
It's been like that for quite a while. He doesn't like competition. Whatever. And I also don't want people spamming the resource either trying to snipe more users. That's not the right way to go about it. Of course, a lot of people have their email address visible over there, so shooting them a personal email would be the right way to go about it.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
steve jones is a crackhead and needs to give up his "dream"...if he didnt suck so much, maybe he would still have the place to be...but, he doesnt; and i hope he cries himself to sleep everynight...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I still cannot understand why people even make mention, complain, or anything about any other site. Steve is not being childish. In my opinion it is the whining and complaining done by others here or where ever.

It's like breaking up with someone and going around all day talking about how you hate them. Wake up. Leave it alone. Each website has it's own pros and cons. Enjoy them for what they are. If you don't like 'em go somewhere else. Easy.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
azulito said:
I still cannot understand why people even make mention, complain, or anything about any other site. Steve is not being childish. In my opinion it is the whining and complaining done by others here or where ever.

It's like breaking up with someone and going around all day talking about how you hate them. Wake up. Leave it alone. Each website has it's own pros and cons. Enjoy them for what they are. If you don't like 'em go somewhere else. Easy.
but not being allowed to mention other sites is very childish...i didnt start this topic, i simply replied to it; like i do when anyone else posts a resource topic...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Everyone has their own rules in their house. Some people want you to take your shoes off, some don't. Steve doesn't like other sites getting plugs in his 'house', it's his prerogative. Does it go overboard? Maybe, but the day a man can't make his own rules for his own stuff will be a sad day when free will is out the door.

Constantly bringing it up shows a lack of being able to simply say "Your Mom's Box" and be done with it, ie should I really care about what someone I don't care about does with a site that I don't care about? (not that it's my position, only an example of getting over it.)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I cant get in over there...again.

John had got my account activated again, and I went 2 or 3 times.

But that was months ago...I did change my email addy to kill a gnarly case of spam...thats prolly why...but no biggie.

I never had a prob with Steve or anyone else over there, it just seemed to lose it's appeal :shrug:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey gator, I understand that not having that link work was a little odd, and I understand some frustration. But I'm thinking that maybe when something like that happens it's best to not make an issue over it. Maybe contact the party involved and try to be diplomatic about it as what we all want is for the community in general to have all the right info to have a great CRXing summer!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Nah, it's ok every once in a while to say what's on your mind about other sites. I believe healthy competition is a good thing. There is no ego here. I allow anybody to post other sites, as long as it's not a commercial advertisement or spam.

But I never wanted this site to be a resource-bashing site. There was already one of those around. But every once in a while it's fine.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey dohcya, it really wasn't your initial post, it was every other post leading up to it that has bashed the Resource. Just before crxhq went down I made my point pretty clear with plenty of grit. I was even trying to push the limit on the hq to see how thick the skin was there and to see if CP would succumb to the same rules he rebeled against. Shortly after that the hq went down and I thought I might of even been banned from CP's hq site (which woulda been pretty funny I was thinking!) but alas it just went away.

All that to say the whole Resource thing has gotten old for me as for complaining about it. Dohcya you didn't do anything wrong, but I guess if you say something/anything on the web someone will be there to comment on it! See ya at N12~!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.