Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order for me to pass inspection here in PA, I have a couple of things to fix. The first one being the reverse lights not going on. The mechanic checked the bulbs and fuses and they are all good. After some research, I found the reverse light switch and the wires coming from it, but have yet to find the wires it is supposed to connect to. There is a yellow wire dangling from the harness that I believe connects to the yellow wire from the switch but I cannot find the wire that connects to the green/black wire that comes from the switch. Does the fact that everything above the tranny was from an automatic D15B2 mean anything?

Next thing to fix is an exhaust leak near the rear passenger tire. Apparently I need spring bolts there as opposed to regular nuts and bolts that are there now. The thing is though the spring bolts I bought that are supposed to go there (according to the parts stores' computer) bottom out way before the exhaust donut gets compressed, leaving a gap and thus an exhaust leak. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? Thanks!

The last thing I need to fix is the front tranny mount which the guy said I don't really need to do. As long as I can fix the exhaust leak and the non-working reverse lights, he'll pass me.

Thanks in advance again!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SETI20 said:
The donuts washers and springs go in the front. They keep the manifold from tearing itself apart. The exhaust tends to dangle a bit.

Everything after that you can just use bolts and washers to tighten it up.
Use some sealant and a proper gasket. That should work. If it doesn't get some gun gum. It's not pretty, but it'll help you pass inspection.

The reverse light might be problematic. I don't know anything about automatics...the harness may be different.
Try to see if the harness can be traced all the way back from the engine bay to the light.
After that it's simply hooking up the 2 wires from the tranny.

No working lights CAN be caused by a lack of tranny oil.
Thanks SETI20. I'll take a look at the harness from the lights back to the engine. I'm also going to just buy some bolts from Home Depot and bolt my exhaust up tight. Weird though as the auto store I bought the spring bolts from (National Auto for those who want to know) had the spring bolts connecting the exhaust pipe to the muffler and the mechanic who did the inspection said I needed spring bolts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay!!! My car passed it's safety re-inspection this morning. Bolted up the exhaust with bolts from Home Depot. Piece of cake. In regards to the reverse lights, I found that the engine harness was from an automatic, thus a yellow wire but no green/black wire. Found the plug where the engine and rear wiring harness plug together, added a wire and voila... working reverse lights!!!

Now if only body work and rust removal and swapping interiors was just as easy...

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.