Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hopped into my CRX tonight and put it in reverse (MT), and noticed that nothing behind me lit up. I'm not sure that the reverse lights have worked since I bought the car (about a month ago). I was wondering if putting in a short shifter would cause this or if it is a faulty switch. Any other suggestions would be helpful, I haven't checked the fuse yet (dark outside, and I can't find my flashlight), but that will be the first thing I look at as soon as I get a moment in the daylight.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Assuming you checked that the bulbs are alright, there are wires on the tranny that are for the reverse lights. Those are on the front of the tranny (as viewed from the front of the car.) Perhaps they may either be disconnected or severed. The fuse is also a possibility. I picked-up an 87 CRX Si one time that had the shielding stripped from the reverse wires. They would short together and pop the fuse.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
you drove your rex home from FL to WI ?!! cool, man, that first long drive is the best. I got mine from NC and went home to IN.

I'd check the simple things first:

1. bulbs
2. fuse in fuse box
3. connector/wires for corrosion (high resistance connection)
4. connector/wires on trans

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
5. Switch the ignition on, unplug the switch from the wiring harness, short the harness wires together and see if the lights come on. If they do, you've got a bad switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.