Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes aftermarket urethane engine mounts for a B series in a RHD CRX, I don't want to use inserts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
If the mounts are the same as the LHD CRXs, you could just use Hasport mounts. You can order them with three different durometers. If it's a factory B16 CRX though, the mounts definitely are different, and I think it's very unlikely you'd find aftermarket stock replacement mounts for that application.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was under the understanding the factory rhd b16 used different engine mounts then the ldh

·
Registered
779 Posts
shox said:
I was under the understanding the factory rhd b16 used different engine mounts then the ldh
I thought so aswell. I was almost 100% sure of that until Seti said he used RHD mounts. He's B series right? I was sure the B series mounts from the RHD don't fit the LHD, that's why they made kits instead of just importing the RHD mounts.

Anyways, to answer the question. I would assume inserts from an 90-93 integra would work. But don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
RHD nor LHD mounts will fit a USDM chassis.
But that wasn't the question.

I am using the RHD mounts that come with the JDM B16A.
I used to have a B16A1, but it didn't have any mount son it.
I used the OEM mounts, to put the engine in the OEM location, but I had to custom fabricate the passenger side engine mount.

To put it simple: If you are driving a VT that has a B16A1 from factory, you can just drop a JDM B16A in it, with mounts and all.

In all other cases you will need adjustments.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so If I spend $4-500 on Hasport usmd b series engine mounts your saying they volt right in my RHD SIR CRX... I dont want to use inserts on a 600whp+ whp car, and I dont want to mod the bracket for the mounts to work. Again LHD is the exact Same as the RHD Mounts?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
shox said:
Okay, so If I spend $4-500 on Hasport usmd b series engine mounts your saying they volt right in my RHD SIR CRX... I dont want to use inserts on a 600whp+ whp car, and I dont want to mod the bracket for the mounts to work. Again LHD is the exact Same as the RHD Mounts?
Are you having trouble reading?
The HASport mounts will not solve your problem, since they are especially made for USDM cars that did not come with a B16 from the factory.

OEM honda mounts will only work with cars that had a B16 from the factory.
Whether they are LHD, or RHD, is irrelevant at that point.

If you use a quality bonding agent, the inserts will fuse into the mounts. You will not have any problems. Not even on a 600HP car.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I believe what seti's trying to say is:

hasport - no
honda OEM - no

:arrow: must use inserts or custom fabrication. <----

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
baker_jeff said:
The frame is different in our RHD cars. Our mounts are different. I used inserts for a Del Sol VTEC, which didn't fit properly, but I modified them to fit.
That or a tube or urethane will work. I was most less wondering if I could source a set of aftermarket ones maybe made for the RHD car, Sold in Japan Etc...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to add another option for the original poster's dilemma. If you have a RHD and B16 from the factory and need new mounts you can use these (fitment confirmed):

https://innovativemounts.com/products/8 ... -cable-rhd

Also, as you can see when you scroll down, you have options to what bushing type (hardness) you will need depending on how much horsepower you engine puts out.

This is the only option i have been able to track down with besides looking for used ones online.

I hope this helps. :)b

Zay

·
Registered
116 Posts
zay2u said:
Just to add another option for the original poster's dilemma. If you have a RHD and B16 from the factory and need new mounts you can use these (fitment confirmed):

https://innovativemounts.com/products/8 ... -cable-rhd

Also, as you can see when you scroll down, you have options to what bushing type (hardness) you will need depending on how much horsepower you engine puts out.

This is the only option i have been able to track down with besides looking for used ones online.

I hope this helps. :)b

Zay
What the original poster didn't say is whether his/her car is an SIR (although the fact that he is looking for an OEM B-series mount suggests it is). There is actually no difference between RHD and LHD CRX engine mounts. They are exactly the same between the two.............provided the two cars in quesion both originally came with a D-series engines. It's the SIR that's the odd bird (whether it is RHD or EDM LHD). And that's what these mounts are for. D-series RHD cars have the exact same mounts as D-series LHD cars, which means that a conventional B-series mount kit would be needed to swap in a B-series motor. If this is the case, the car needs a replacement mount from whichever manufacturer made the kit in the first place (or for all four mounts to be replaced with a new kit).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.