Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I just got a 90 Civic Si hatch to drive whilst im working away at my crx (90 si as well). The civic needs some love, and brakes are high on my list of things to fix.

I did some research and the part number for 90-91 crx si brake front rotors is different from the 90-91 si hatch, but the same as the 88-89 si hatch.

Heres the years and part numbers that match:
88-89 CRX DX and 88-91 CRX Si and 88-89 Civic Hatch ALL
90-91 CRX DX and 90-91 Civic Hatch ALL and 92-2000 Civic Hatch/coupe/sedan non ABS ALL

Whats different about the rotors? Next I guess I have to look into the calipers/pads and see whats compatible.

The reason I ask is I have a mint set of powerslot rotors and EBC pads that I wont be using on the rex anymore, Id love to put them on the hatch. Shoul dI just swap the whole crx si knuckle assembly?

Lets figure this out!

also, on the flip side,
Im going to be installing my 94 GSR front brake setup onto the crx (I was going to do the rear but have since determined the setups are identical). To do this I just use the DA Knuckles with the rest of the DC Brake parts and the EF control arms correct?

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, if we can get this sorted out Ill be glad to do a HOW TO write up on everything you need to know about brakes and interchangeability, complete with pics.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I can tell, the diameter of the rotors is identical, but why do they have a different part number? They do measure out at about 9.5". Im just owrried the thickness or somehting is different.

I want to use parts I already have, this is more about getting hte hatch good brakes for free then really performing an upgrade. I wish I knew why the part numbers are different.

In the interim I cleaned up my spare crx trailing arms so I can swap those onto the hatch at the same time.

yay brakes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts