Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
The general consensus is 15 inch wheels look best. Sometimes 16's can still look great. Any bigger and it will look ridiculous. You can bolt on up to 18 inch wheels without any problems, but almost nobody would recommend it.

The drum brakes will be fine. In terms of actual braking performance, there's little to nothing to be gained by converting to rear discs, although they do look better and are easier to work on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Some of your friends are retarded.
Simple? No. "Simple" is a an oil change.
What they should have said is "realistic" or maybe "achievable".

Since it sounds like you're thinking about doing this swap for aesthetic reasons, I guess its worth doing.
But if you're doing it for performance reasons, don't bother. Discs don't offer any real stopping improvement over the drums. They are, however, easier to do maintenance on.

Another option...switch to the 1st gen HF aluminum drums. They offer a significant weight advantage and they are finned, so they look cooler.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Paint up the drums and they look fine. Thats what im running on my car. It just looks bad when you have old rusty drums with nice shiny rims on. If you have the money for rims i think you can aford some new drums and paint.

·
Registered
778 Posts
shanghaining said:
I'm definally doing it for cosmetic reasons. Drums seems to look awkward with good set of rims. thanks for the help
Drums look fine on the rear. I had 15" spoked wheels on my DX and it looked fine. The drums actually stop you better than the disks brakes do, they just don't cool as well. Most of your stopping power comes from your front disks.

If you really want rear disk brakes, get the lower A-arm and disk/knuckel set-up from an Si. It will bolt right up. Simple?...depends on the tools and how rusty everything is.

Estimate how long you think it will take and then multiply that by 3 and that is probably how long it will take. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.