Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as previsouly stated a few weels ago, I ended up getting the '96 GSR rims i wanted. I hate the huge center cap that comes with them.

So i have been running them without the center cap until i found out i can use these....subtle and i like 'em!

Last week i purchased tires from discount tire. I ordered 8 Falken Ziex 512's, 4 for the Crx and 4 for the Silver Fat fives that are on my fiancees car, all for $08 w/free shipping.
then got a call from them saying that they are out of stock. So they offererd me 8 Hankook Optimo's for a flat $400 shipped. After some thinking, i said sure.

Since i am not lowering the car anytime soon, i was able to stick with a little beefier sidewall, i went with 195/60/15. I was looking for something that would be nice to drive on and offer a little performance, since i am not racing or anything.
So far we could not be happier with these tires.They handle very well, ride very nice and are extremely quiet!

Overall, very happy with the tire choice and Discount Tire Direct's customer service. Nice tires at a very nice price. :)b

· Registered
317 Posts
Awesome deal! I like those center caps! Are those off of steelies?

I have the Falken Ziex ZE-512's in 195/60/14 on my teardrops, those are also great tires for the money!

-Henry

· Registered
20,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
djhankb said:
I have the Falken Ziex ZE-512's in 195/60/14 on my teardrops, those are also great tires for the money!
I had orginally ordered those, but like i said,they called me the day after i ordered them and didn't have what i needed in stock, so they offered me the Hankooks, which were a little more expensive but cut me a little deal on them for the inconveinance.

djhankb said:
Awesome deal! I like those center caps! Are those off of steelies?
They sure are! Those are the all so common "hub caps" that can be found on 13 & 14" steelies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.