Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought this car a week and a half ago and there is only one problem with this car. it doesnt wanna go pass 3000 rpms.. everytime i drive i have to shift at 3 or before... i have a 90 crx si... anyone knows what the problem is?.. the car only cost me $500.. and i love the crx... i wanna fix that problem

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
we need more information about the car. . . .what engine. . . . is it swapped.. . w3hat ecu is in it???

are there any codes showing???

limp in mode of the ecu will make the car redline out at 3000 clear the codes and see what happens. . . then check for new codes and post what you find. . .

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
FooFighter said:
Sorry to be such a noob but where do you see these codes? Like would they be under the speedometer and such? Or is there a way to check the ECU? I know nothing about ECU's and would like to know how to check and modify them...
On OBD0 ECUs (stock for CRXs), pull back the carpet on the passenger side floor and you can see an LED blinking through the cover plate. For OBD1, you have to jump the SCS connector that you use for timing the car and the check engine light will flash.

I didn't think OBD0 had a limp mode...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.