Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard this rumur going around i heard it down at a honda dealership when i went down there to drive a new si.... if its true i hope they just dont slap a type-r sticker on the si and say its a type-r

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only rumors I have heard regarding the Si is that 07 is getting a 4 door Si. I know my jaw hit the floor when i heard it too. If this is true than a Type R might be posible. With last Gens Si flop I think Honda has learned it's lesson on what to do to be successful and won't just slap a type r badge on an Si. Just my $.02
Wes

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
CrxCarl said:
No offense, but a Honda Dealer in Iowa is not exactly what I would consider a realiable rumor mill. :D
Hey, I bet they'd sell plenty of type-R's in Iowa...

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Frankly, unless and until Honda actually puts the thing on sale in the US, it's still just a rumor. Let's see... digging through my magazines, I'll see if I can dredge up the 1998 Car&Driver issue with the short take on the Civic Type R, which they swore was going to be on sale "soon" in the United States, for an estimated price of $18,000.

And yeah, I was all prepped to by one, but of course never got the chance, because it turned out to be an untrue rumor.

Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
si 4 door coming this fall. . .. . i picked my local dealer about it. .. .. . .also he sai dtha ththe fir should be here on april 20. ..

can twait to see one of those in person . .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
like i said rumur hahah and for sure i know there wouldnt be alot of
type-rs sold in iowa i mean there is only like 10 people intown with the new si so ya hahahah if i had the money to get a new si the first thing i would do would be take the wing off i wouldnt drive it off the lot with the wing still on it i think personally its the lowest point of the car....it degrades the true honda lines. the wing on the back of a new si hurts me just as much as seeing a gaint wing on a CRX and no lie ive gone around town and taken wings off CRX's bc i love the car so much she doesnt need a wing. the only "wing" i like for a crx is the mugen hatch extention and that isnt realy a wing

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
The spoiler on the new Si is acctually functional for downforce and drag reduction.
Has anyone here driven the new Si? I test drove one and I was pleasantly surprised. My stepdad bought one a few weeks ago after trading in his 2000 Si. It's going to take a little getting used to, but the new civic look is growing on me... just a little.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
we wont get the civic type r period.

the new civic si has 197hp, and according to what ive read on the new type r has an unchanged engine and will have 197hp. Now I know that there is more to a type r than the engine, but come on. The Si coupe looks much better than the little euro hatch thing that is going to be the 07 type r.

·
Registered
778 Posts
if i had a choice between the euro version type-r and the usa version coupe Si, i'd go for the euro version. looks a lot better to me. i saw one of the new 5 door Civic hatches over in Ireland. looked even better in person. i think the euro type-r is a 3 door.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd go for the Euro 3-door. Looks really bad-ass. Of course, it'd have to have a decent rear suspension (independent trailing arms). That POS rear setup they installed on the Euro 5-door is an insult to nearly 20 years of Civics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.