Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the crxresource.org website a looooong time ago when i first started to get serious into cars. I was featured on the website and for those who have seen it know my story with the resource and my crx love. Yet today was a sad day because I got my crx back from it being out of comission for a while and I saw and looked at it. I looked and saw the sticker- "http://crxresource.org" and said to myself "how long has it been since ive even seen that url?"

So it was time.

During the process of de-resourcing:

Its not longer on my car :( Its a sad day because ive been lurking there for quite some time. It was a good site while it lasted but i no longer visit.

When every door closes a new one opens.

Where can I get a crx community sticker? :)

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Sad day replaced by a happy day when you get that CRX Community decal on there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't want to stir up old painful memories but having been away from the resource the past year and a half, I am not sure what happened.

I too learnt a fair bit on that site and I remember most folks were friendly and helpful. After all it appears most of the old resource members have migrated here.

But can somebody tell me why there was such a mass exodus?

JP

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a while I stopped going not because of the creation of crxcommunity but I started to feel left out. Everyone on the resource had their own jokes and whatnot, and i felt like i had to keep up with them to even post in the forum. More work than I wanted or needed. :roll: Then one fabulous day I ordered some stickers off ebay and I saw it was stickershop so i decided to shoot him an email because i have talked to him previously through forums and PM's. He said he found a great place! Ive been here ever since :wink:

But hey, that was my personal experience-I dont know about a mass walk from resource to the community.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Short version: The admin made people feel unwelcome, unappreciated, and unwanted. And he made a habit of disrespecting them when they didn't follow the rules exactly as stated.

Long version: Here's just one example. The one that made me leave and start this site:

I posted an engine swap for sale in the classifieds. I went into all the details, spending a lot of time describing everything. And at the end I said "local pickup only, I won't ship this swap." Well, my my post got deleted and replaced with a message "This is an international forum. You must be willing to ship."

What? Ok, so I guess I missed that part in the rules back when I read them after joining over a year before. And now I have to re-type the whole friggin thing again because now it's all gone. So then I posted another ad with the title "Ok, I WILL ship this engine" and re-typed it all out, explaining that it was the second time posting since my first one was disrespectfully deleted.

Well, that started a mess. The Classifieds moderator IM'd me saying he wasn't the one who deleted it, and that he was sorry, and that whoever did it will be called out. So then some behind-the-scenes discussions went on, turns out Steve was the one who nuked my ad. On top of that, he didn't like the way that moderator talked to him, so he fired him. And then soon after, he removed the classifieds section completely.

That was it for me. The moderator told me what happened, and I emailed him back and forth about an idea I had for a new site that would mimic the Resource, but would be open for the users. They would have complete and open input into the site, offer suggestions, vote, and generally feel welcome. Like a tight community. Well, I didn't get the best feedback. He pretty much said it was a terrible idea. So I didn't do it. Then other things happened at the Resource. More things. And I couldn't take it anymore. I defected, started this site, and here we are.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My! I am beginning to see the raison d'etre of this site.

I got worked up once on the old forum, not so much with the mods or people I recognise here. It's amazing how a "virtual" dispute can affect your everyday life - I was still fuming at work over the other guy's silliness and had I had a phone number I would have called him to settle it there and then.

These things unfortunately do get to you no matter what we say.

JP

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
It's hearing a story like that which makes me glad this site and the good people on it exist. Keep up the great work, fischer!

·
Registered
734 Posts
daveb91 said:
Someone should start a Why did you leave the Resource thread it would very entertaining.
I have a feeling that any thread like that would include the phrase "huge douchebag" several times, if you catch my drift...

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Someone should start a Why did you leave the Resource thread it would very entertaining.
I don't know about that. Although a lot of people on here had problems with Steve and the Resource (myself not included), I don't think it's a good thing to do to put down another site. For me, it was a valuble resource (pun not intended) when I was getting started with my CRX. I know a lot of that is the members, who are mostly here now, but personal diputes aside, it's another site that's there with the intentions of helping CRX owners with their cars. And it's still the one which all other CRX sites will be measured against (even this one). The only reason I don't go there much any more is because there is so little activity, and most of the knowledgeable members are here now. It's also important for new CRXers to make their own decisions about where they want to go for information. If they come here first and read a resource rant post, they might never look at it, and there's still a ton of stuff on there, especially in the articles section. Also, it's not a very "community" friendly thing to bash another site and/or its members.
If we continue to complain about the resource and Steve, we aren't making ourselves any better. The important thing is to spend our time improving this site to actually make it the standard for other sites to be measured against.

After a while I stopped going not because of the creation of crxcommunity but I started to feel left out. Everyone on the resource had their own jokes and whatnot, and i felt like i had to keep up with them to even post in the forum. More work than I wanted or needed.
That's starting to happen a little here, let's not get off track.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Then again a lot of the resource people are starting to migrate, I dont see why not those jokes would migrate with them. Which I hope doesnt hinder me visiting this site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts