Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sorta goes with the MiniMe post in the Modifications section, but since it is on stock internals, I figured I'd post here.

If the P28 ECU does work out for my situation, with its 7600rpm limit, what should I limit my engine speed to? 6500 seems kinda low among Hondas... What can I expect to be safe with? I'm mainly looking for more room for the VTEC to do some good, but it's not worth a block with a rod sticking out of it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting... I was in second gear at the time, under WOT, and the motor didn't want to go above 6500...Very similar to our 99 Rangers 5500rpm limit. Am I misinterpreting a fuel cutoff and a redline? My definition of redline is the maximum engine speed a motor can safely handle, and a fuel cut limit is when the computer decides to cut the injectors, whether it be at a certain engine speed or vehicle speed. Am I wrong?

But I also have an 88 Si like you but have never had the fuel cut of at 6500.
So then why the difference? Is my car retarded?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never really paid attention as to how warm the motor was, but I tested this out this morning. I'm not one of those idiots who runs a motor to 5000rpm+ on a cold motor, so I never thought about it being a cold rev limit. This morning on my way to school, I waited till the temp guage went to it's usual little-below-half mark, and it cut out at 6500 again. I also noticed that after I did that, the temp guage went down a bit, so I assumed the motor wasnt warm yet.

Anywho, after school I went to the local pick-n-pull to snoop around, and drove on the freeway for a ways. A truck was merging, so I figured I'd get out of the way and test it out again. Low and behold I could go to 6800! I guess it was just engine temp. My bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.