Honda CRX Forum banner

Scammers are retarded..........

5K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Ragnaarok 
#1 ·
#5 ·
The seller has zero feedbacks and has been registered on Ebay for less than 30 days. Red flags. Clearly an EDM CRX with pictures lifted from a Cardomain page. More red flags. This reminds me of that other low mileage, mint CRX that showed up on EBay with the super cheap "Buy it now" price of $2100. That seller also had "approved buyers only". I smell a scam....there's something rotten in Denmark (where this CRX might actually be....). I suspect it works like this....people email the seller with offers (or the buy it now price). The seller emails them back that they've "won" the car and demand payment or a down payment (of say half). The "buyer" sends a Paypal or money transfer to a disguised Nigerian bank account and "poof" the seller disappears.....

#12 ·
I said:
EDIT: reported to eBay as suspicious.
Must have worked...

eBay said:
This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing (180045386817) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

#13 ·
well he emailed me back and heres what he said

"mind your own business...the car is mine...the car is in this moment in florida dick head so email me back on cardomain to get the same answer...you frog >:eek:"

there are several comments left on his cardomaindoesn't look like he is responding there :?

#15 ·
IMO too bad he screwed that car up.About the only positive thing he did is install the B16. :evil:

#18 ·
I think it's an awesome car but I agree: not the best front lip (a bit mucn), the taillights are a bit odd (much better than when they were just all clear tails, but I like the pics where it has modified stock tails much better), also you've gotta admit that the grille/mesh stuff on the bumper looks a little flimsy. It's just a really large area to fill with mesh, and it looks wavy without a flat structure underneath to secure it to -- it's just the nature of the material. The mirrors are painted, but not the part where it bolts to the car. The seats aren't upholstered that well, either. It's not like there aren't 10 times as many flaws anyone could find on MY car. There is a lot to love about the car, though. The paint is awesome, the car with bodykit as viewed from the side is pretty much perfect. I love the painted-to-match valve cover and center taillight (just not the stripes on clear). The wheels work with the car very nicely, too. It's a very nice CRX, but I don't think it's perfect, but mostly it's a matter of personal preference and not the quality of the build. This group will NEVER agree on the dual exhaust, though :)

#19 ·
ryan_long_01 said:
The guy claims to be in Florida, yet the car clearly has European style plates. What an idiot.

EDIT: reported to eBay as suspicious.

Plates: XH-FP-54

Dutch road service information said:
Kenteken Info
Voertuigsoort Info Personenauto
Merk Info HONDA
Handelsbenaming Info CIVIC COUPE CRX 1.6I DOHCU9
Kleur(en) Info Grijs
Brandstof Info Benzine
G3 Installatie Info N.v.t.
Aantal cilinders Info 4
Cilinderinhoud Info 1590 cm3
Vermogen Info 91 KW
Aantal zitplaatsen Info 0
Aantal staanplaatsen Info N.v.t.

Roetfilter Info N.v.t.
Euroklasse Info N.v.t.
Zuinigheidslabel Info Niet geregistreerd
Massa leeg voertuig Info 909 kg
Laadvermogen Info N.v.t.
Toegestane Maximum massa voertuig Info 1.290 kg
Massa rijklaar Info 0 kg
BPM Info € 4143

Datum eerste afgifte Nederland Info 16-11-1998
Datum eerste toelating Info 20-02-1992
Datum aanvang tenaamstelling Info 02-09-2006

Vervaldatum APK Info 07-07-2007
Wacht op keuren Info Nee

Maximum massa te trekken indien aanhangwagen:
- ongeremd Info 430 kg
- geremd Info 700 kg
^^^ All sorts of technical info on that particular car.

This is the interesting bit:
Translated said:
Date first allowance Netherlands: 16-11-1998 (Registry in Netherlands)
Date of approval: 20-02-1992 (First registartion date)
Date ower registration: 02-09-2006

Expiration of inspection: 07-07-2007
This means that the car was registered in '92. The fact that it was approved in holland in '98 means it was registered in a foreign counrty first. (Probably Germany) He paid: € 4143 as import tax.
The current owner registered the vehicle into his name on 9-2-06.
Inspection doesn't expire until 7-7 next year.
The car is still currently registered in holland.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.