Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everyone my problem of the day is the scratches mainly on my windshield. it is where the previous owner was an idiot and didnt change the blades and it scratched it fairly well but they are not that deep. same on my hatch window. Now on my windows it looks like somone leaned upon it and scratched it. ( a lil bit deeper than the windshield. lots of my friends says that if i buff it it will all come out. but i dont understand how buffering will eleminate this problem. just wanted to know cuz im looking into gettin my windows tinted before i go to college. and also my friend said he would paint my car for matierial cost as long as i have the prep work done on it. like having the body smoothed out to be primed and painted. but it looks like someone side swiped with a cart on my pass. side door. can i use bondo to make it even again? :?: :?: :?: :?: [/b]

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can buff the windows to get your scratches. Glass is like paint in that it never truly dries. Both paint and glass are actually a liquid. They are both "moveable". Your windshield is actually constantly sagging. Over many many years it will loose it's shape and sink in.

The right buffer, pad and product can manipulate the glass and smooth out the scratches. I have never seen your windows so I can't say which scratches will come out and which ones will not.

The products that I carry are extremely safe and do not have any ingredients that cause major health issues. I have the compounds and buffer on my site. The pads are not posted yet, but just let me know and I can get those to you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
http://www.google.com/search?q=windshield+scratches
Seriously. Tons of info. Educate yourself, document what you do, and post it.

Fer instance:
The compound used by professionals is Cerium Oxide, and the buffing wheel is a special VERY firm felt, sold for this use only.

I have such a setup, bought through an auto glass wholesale outfit (C. R. Laurence Co.), and it does work well. However, you can only take out shallow scratches - if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, it is probably do deep to do much good with. The dangers are of course that you might leave an optical imperfection right in your line of sight, and that you might get too carried away with the buffing and overheat the glass to the point where it cracks from the temperature induced stress (glass expands like most other substances when it gets hot). Follow directions exactly and you will not have these problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.