Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to post this in the stock garage but it kinda falls in the mod. section. at first i was going to get Si seats for my Hf but instead i'm ganna get my seats re-done. so here it is, what i'm planning on doing is getting Si head rests and putting them into my hf seats. is this possible?? any comment would be appriciated. thanks
-capuchin

·
Registered
209 Posts
the seats arnt the same, from my dx to si seat I notice the si seats go back farther. also, it would be easy to just bolt in the si seats there is no mod to do.

I have a set of seats for 150 picked up and I also have black vynal new skins for them for 150

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Definitely don't keep the HF seats. They are awful! When I was borrowing the HF last year the worst part wasn't the 10hp, it was the seats! Look for some Si seats locally, or look into getting some different seats to swap in. You can get DA seats in there with about 30 minutes of work swapping the pans, and they are easier to find and cheaper than Si seats.

G

·
HF seats are lighter than SI seats tho. reskin the hf and get new padding material. i have si seats in my hf but that is how i bought it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Man I wish we got the HF's in Canada. I'd love to see one of these wonders in mint, stock condition. It's be fun to try and do a D15Z1 into an HF with some serious aero work to try and get 70-80 mpg. If it wasn't so damn dangerous in an accident, it'd be an amazing commuter car.

Sorry to threadjack, get some Si seats.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
" have a set of seats for 150 picked up and I also have black vynal new skins for them for 150"
-where you at?? i'll take them it just depends where because if i cant drive there then i have to let them go because shipping is a b*...well how much would it cost to ship them to 93110.

"You can get DA seats in there with about 30 minutes of work swapping the pans, and they are easier to find and cheaper than Si seats."
-thanks for the idea dude. this may sound like a stupid question but what is DA???

yeah you guys are right the seats are crap. i just wanted to keap the stock look with the stock blue seats with the Si head rest. thanks for everything you guys are the best. i m definetly going to look for new seats.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
you need to find canadian seats, or 88 si seats, or plan on swapping the seat pans from your seat to the new seats. Cars with door mounted seat belts seat's mount diffferntly than in your car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guessing finding 88 si seats is almost impossible, so i think i'll be swapping the pans, any tips on swapping the pans because i have never done it so im pretty much ignorant on the subject. thanks again for all the help

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
Capuchin said:
my crx is an 88 Hf
I had some seats a few months back that would have been perfect for you, but i already sold them. They were Canadian 90-91 Crx Si seats, black w/red stripes, they would have dropped right into your '88.

Keep searching, they are out there. Seem to be easier and cheaper to find '88 Crx Si seats than it is to find 90-91's.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Swapping the pans is simple. Don't let it scare you off... even our tool allergic MarkWilliamson was able to do the swap.

They are held in with metal rings which you simply spread apart with a small set of needle nose pliers. Then can then be reused and tightened with the same pliers.

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
rex2nr said:
They are held in with metal rings which you simply spread apart with a small set of needle nose pliers. Then can then be reused and tightened with the same pliers.
When i swapped pans to "make" myself a set of MINT 90-91 Crx Si seats, i cut those worthless rings and used small zip ties, work perfect and just the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.