Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago I discovered a really cool online game. It's an online world where you can do just about anything you want. They have an economy, you can own land, sell stuff, build stuff, gamble, play games, fly around, buy cars, motorcycles, trucks, tanks, guns. And you can build businesses, get jobs, explore the world.

It's all online, with other people, real-time. It's awesome. You guys should check it out. It's totally FREE for a basic account. The only catch is you can't own land with the free account. But you can look around and check everything out for free.

If you sign up at this link, it will give me a referral bonus...

http://secondlife.com/ss/?s=e&u=47666e851a132d9f955af3b26014cec5

And once you logon, look for me. My name in the game is "Fisher Simon".

I'm hoping I can figure out how to build some CRX's. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
That looks pretty cool, but I highly doubt anyones computer here could run it. So it looks like ill sign up in 4 months (if its still free!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
black_krix_si said:
its not that bad. my computer is 2 or 3 years old and has 3 times the requirments :D
I believe he meant any computers in China. Looks like fun but way too time consuming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
joshman said:
black_krix_si said:
its not that bad. my computer is 2 or 3 years old and has 3 times the requirments :D
I believe he meant any computers in China. Looks like fun but way too time consuming.
You are correct!

oops. forgot he was in the land of no enforced traffic laws
So ive found out they teach the kids early how to obey the law. Its not a class they goto. Its kind of a billboard thing where they post REAL pictures of horrible car accidents. HORRIBLE i.e. someone crossed the road when they wernt supposed to and got ran over by a truck. They post up on this billboard pictures of a dead mangled person under the tire of a truck...blood everywhere.

And there are about 14 pictures just like those.

Ill tell you this place is crazy.

p.s. my kindergarden kids are free to look at these posters at any time too, and they do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
It seems, while I wasn't looking, a whole bunch of these 3-D virtual reality online communities have been created. (Yeah, I guess I'm not tuned in to pop culture as much as I should be.) My 9-year-old came across ActiveWorlds, and spends hours building things there. He builds as a "tourist" since I'm too cheap to subscribe, though. And yesterday he found that most of his buildings had been deleted by this bunch, awdeleters.com. Very confusing. I can't tell if they are part of ActiveWorlds trying to get people to become "citizens" so their stuff can't be deleted, or if they're just nasty people.

Anyway, I think it's just wild that these virtual worlds are out there! Makes me wonder about the sociological implications. Is this a net positive, giving people "practice" at skills they'll use in the real world, or will it cause people to withdraw from the real world? One thing's for sure; you get less exercise in virtual space. Think of building a house with a few clicks of the mouse versus carrying lumber and swinging a hammer in the real world.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Laure, I agree with you. You get a lot less exercise in "Second Life" as opposed to the Real Life. And I don't think SL is a mimic of RL, at least for me. Because my personality is totally different online. I would NEVER just go up to someone and start up a conversation with them. That's not at all my personality. In fact, I avoid people as much as possible in real life. Sad, but true. But in SL, it feels like I'm free!!! Like you can do anything you want that you normally wouldn't do (within boundaries of your own morality of course.)

I'm glad I found SL after being married and having kids, because if I had discovered a place like this in high school or college, I may have turned out to be a real loser and done nothing but SL all day and night. I know there are people on there like that. But thankfully I have a great real life to come back to when I'm done online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
crxfisher said:
I would NEVER just go up to someone and start up a conversation with them. That's not at all my personality. In fact, I avoid people as much as possible in real life.
Everytime I do that, I can't help but wonder if the other people think i'm some weirdo. I mean, really...who just goes and starts up conversations with strangers? Besides drunks, old people, and desperate guys at bars... Wait a sec...which one am I? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
stickershop said:
crxfisher said:
I would NEVER just go up to someone and start up a conversation with them. That's not at all my personality. In fact, I avoid people as much as possible in real life.
Everytime I do that, I can't help but wonder if the other people think i'm some weirdo. I mean, really...who just goes and starts up conversations with strangers? Besides drunks, old people, and desperate guys at bars... Wait a sec...which one am I? :lol:
but thats how you introduced ME to this forum! dont you remember? id didnt know you, you didnt know me... but i had a white CRX and i was under its hood. you waltzed ONTO MY PROPERTY and said you liked my car, and now we're friends! I hope you werent desperate, i dont think you were drunk... and you certainly arent OLD.

talking to people you dont know in RL isnt that bad. if you dont know them, chances are you probably wont see them again, so even if you make an idiot of yourself, they wont be able to remind you about how much of an idiot you are sometimes, so its not THAT big of a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
Stavros said:
but thats how you introduced ME to this forum! dont you remember? id didnt know you, you didnt know me... but i had a white CRX and i was under its hood. you waltzed ONTO MY PROPERTY and said you liked my car, and now we're friends! I hope you werent desperate, i dont think you were drunk... and you certainly arent OLD.
LOL. Yes...I guess I have to withdraw my previous remarks, hey? But in my defense, I already knew we had something in common to talk about. I could count the days on one hand that I *didn't* see you working on your car. I was sure that you had seen my car before... so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Although... I am turning 28 this year... is that considered OLD? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
stickershop said:
Although... I am turning 28 this year... is that considered OLD? :lol:
I'm right behind you turning 26 in about a week...now it is just a downhill tumble to 30...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
stickershop said:
I could count the days on one hand that I *didn't* see you working on your car.
does that make me a perfectionist? or a bad mechanic that has to fix the same problem over again. only I will ever know. I should buy cars that dont need such heavy duty over-hauls.

anything under the age of 50 isnt old, you weirdos
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I turned 27 this year. And yeah, I consider that old. At least I feel old.

And I have actually pulled up next to a couple CRX's recently and threw my inhibitions aside, and started conversations with them. First question they all ask: "What you got under the hood?" ..."All stock?"..."Very clean man".
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top