Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My range of experience with Honda reaches all the way back to my 1987 1st Gen CRX Si to my new 2007 Civic Sedan Si with five other Hondas in between. Being the inquisitive type, I have made it a point to own a Factory Service Manual on all of my cars.

The manual for my CRX is printed on heavy bond paper and stretchs a good 175-200 pages. Mostly diagrams, you could read it cover to cover in an hour or so.

I just received my 2007 Civc Service in the mail from Helms. This is the offical service manual as used in the dealerships and it is organized in the typical Honda Service Manual style. It is composed of two Manhattan central directory-sized telephone books of about 700 pages of fairly thin paper stock. If nothing else, I could use these books as jack stands when I change the oil.

Scott

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
for sure man. they get thicker and thicker.

the manual for the z32 and S13 240sx are like 1000 pages each and printed on see throufh paper haha..

the kciker is the manual for the WRX....its 8 books! its very good though

[email protected]

·
Registered
248 Posts
I want to know why the CRX manual doesn't have engine rebuild info in it. Maybe I have a different manual?

My S2000 manual, and my wife's ep3 manual kick ass compared to the CRX one. Hmmmm

·
Registered
289 Posts
glagola1 said:
I want to know why the CRX manual doesn't have engine rebuild info in it. Maybe I have a different manual?

My S2000 manual, and my wife's ep3 manual kick [booya] compared to the CRX one. Hmmmm
Are you guys talking about the 1st gen CRX manual? My 1st edition (second printing 11/1988) 1988 "Civic CRX" Service Manual is 820 pages and does include engine and transmission rebuild and pretty much everything else. The 1997 and 2001 civic manuals I have around are a little thicker and on thinner paper but include more variants (all those civic body styles, B16 coverage in the 1997). I have actually noticed that the 1988 manual includes more of what I would call "theory of operation" stuff than the 2001 manual does.

·
Registered
428 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Eventually, they'll probably just start handing out a CD.
:shock:
Nah, It'll be DVD. Each section will have hyperlinks to the other relavent sections - so you don't have to flip through three different sections to get all the info you need to drop the oil pan. A parts list for consumable/one use parts (like headgasket) will be created when you key in each step you will do - it will even offer to ship you the parts directly. And if we are lucky, there will be computer generated illustrations showing each part fitting together. There will be aging software that will estimate what the part will look like when you actually get around to removing it (rust, grime, oil).

Of course I'll pay for it by selling the all the monkeys that will fly out my ass that day.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Before Katrina my father in law owned a '85 Porsche 928. The service manuals consisted of 11 3" thick binders with 300 - 400 pages each. There were three electrical manuals that contained foldout diagrams. The wiring in those things is a nightmare. Undertanding the services under a New york street would be easier than trying to trace out the 928's wiring. Add to that fact the all the wire coating and insulation was cracking and causing shorts due to age. Mercifully Katrina flooded it (I was tired of trying to fix it's wiring). Now he owns a 911 that only has 8 binders of service manuals.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
all of the new dodge service manuals have 4 books around 1500 pages a piece. then a powertrain diagnostic book 500 pages, tranny diag book 800 pages, and a suplimental restraint system book 500 pages.

to trace out a wiring problem you generally have 3 books opened up to figure out the problem ..

but they now have all of the serivce manual from 2000 and up on their website which is alot easier to use

scarponze

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.