Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
gory is not scary....I dont care for shock factor movies, cause I just dont get shocked. Not after the **** Ive seen in my life.
I like spirit scary movies, Pulse and White Noise are two of my favorites, Signs is good too.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Funny that you ask Tom. My fiancee loves scary movies...I'm more of a fan of comedies, or 'make you think' movies but I'll watch them. Anyway, she got the Hills Have Eyes and we watched that last night. Freaky as **** man. It's a little slow to take off, but once it does, look out. They do a good job making you think, "What if that was me?". I honestly thought I was going to have a hard time sleeping last night. I slept like a rock though. :p

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is pretty gory, but that's not what makes it good. Bas, I'm surprised you didn't like it, why not? It's about a group of women who are trapped while caving and find a colony of humanlike monsters who live in the caves, and who attack them (basically to eat them).

·
Registered
117 Posts
downest said:
Bas, I'm surprised you didn't like it, why not? It's about a group of women who are trapped while caving and find a colony of humanlike monsters who live in the caves, and who attack them (basically to eat them).
That sounds like his kind of movie! lol

I havent seen a scary movie in awhile, atleast not a decent one.
The worlds on the gore tip, which as mentioned, just aint scary to some of us, and it ends up just bein a joke.

·
Registered
566 Posts
that movie sucked the big one.

bad acting
weak plot
hardly any character background

like was said, gory doesnt make it scary or good. they didnt even explain how those monsters got there (from what i remember) or how they evolved, etc. and the scene where the "monster" was all in that chics face? cmon. if it has such super senses it would hear her breathing or smell her or something. hell, I can hear or smell someone that close.

i liked white noise
pulse was "ehh"
i liked signs, but only for the UFO/alien thing. it wasnt all that scary, it kept me interested though, and the ending seemed kinda thrown together. water is fatal/caustic? cmon. you know how much water vapor is in the atmosphere? and is the most abundant substance on the planet.

·
Registered
566 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Its me DUB said:
GSRCRXsi said:
bad acting
weak plot
You just summed up 95% of horror movies. ;)
:D

I personally don't find "horror movies" scary.
A guy wearing a mask chasing folks around Texas with a chainsaw? Not scary.
A cave filled with humanoids that feed on spelunkers? Not scary.

I prefer the psychological thriller over gory slasher films.
I really like movies that are not "jump-out-of-your-seat" scary (because they don't scare me), but films that have a weird, creepy vibe.

Have you ever seen Jacob's Ladder, One Hour Photo or Insomnia? Those are my kind of "scary movies." Movies about people that could be real.
werd, one hr photo was creepy. i too enjoy the psychological thrillers over the gore fests. but i liked the saw movies. maybe im sadistic, but i liked seeing all the contraptions that they came up with. and i just think about how much it would SUCK to die in some of those ways.

·
Registered
354 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Its me DUB said:
GSRCRXsi said:
bad acting
weak plot
You just summed up 95% of horror movies. ;)
:D

I personally don't find "horror movies" scary.
A guy wearing a mask chasing folks around Texas with a chainsaw? Not scary.
A cave filled with humanoids that feed on spelunkers? Not scary.

I prefer the psychological thriller over gory slasher films.
I really like movies that are not "jump-out-of-your-seat" scary (because they don't scare me), but films that have a weird, creepy vibe.

Have you ever seen Jacob's Ladder, One Hour Photo or Insomnia? Those are my kind of "scary movies." Movies about people that could be real.
You would love Dark City. If you haven't seen it yet. Excellent movie, one of my favorites. Wasn't in the theatres I don't think, just on DVD.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Jacob's ladder Kicks butt, I just watched the Wcker Man last night and hated it......the ending really pissed me off....stupid floosies.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.