Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few suspension topics on here.
First my suspension is stock height. Around 200 miles on crx.
Here is what I have replaced:
1.Manual rack with a used rack from a junk yard
2.Tires are good: spun and balanced
3.Replaced oem shocks with adjustable tokico illuminas
4.Honda Dealership did an alignment. I had the check the suspension, they said nothing needed to be replaced.

Problems:
1. I can feel every little bump in the road
2. When I hit a bump the steering wheel wants to pull hard left or right. If I were to left of the steering wheel, I'd probably hit a curb.
3. I get a little shaking at highway speeds

I notice a little better ride but the old shocks were not blown or anything.
I still think it isn't as comfortable as it should be. I have owned 5 crxs and this one is by far the worst riding one.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
downest said:
What are your Illuminas set at? Are you running OEM springs?
2 and yes stock springs

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SINISTR said:
thats what id say - your shocks are cranked to their maximum damper setting.
I had the same problems before and after the shocks were replaced.
The shocks actually made the ride softer, I like them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking about buying a brand new rack from Honda, along with tie rod ends.
Then maybe front upper control arms from honda.
Something isn't right. But everytime I take it to a shop they say everything looks good. Even Honda said that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hcrx333 said:
if the steering wheel seems harder than usual to turn your balljoints maybe need replacing.
Does the balljoints come with the upper control arms from Honda?

·
Registered
132 Posts
sometimes if you can feel every little bump, shocks are really stiff, springs are too stiff, or tires have very this side-walls. Usually if you have thin sidewalled tires then they will make the car follow the ruts in the road, for instance my tires have 50 mm sidewalls and if I let go of the wheel sometimes it will turn the car's wheel completely one way or the other, same when I hit bumps. the shake at high speeds is probably the wheels and tires being out of balance or out of round (bent). put the bent ones on the back, this will help it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
^What he said. It could very well be that tires are out of balance. I had the same problem coz I had new tires balanced at a shop and that's when I was experiencing the twitchiness on highway. I went to another shop, and they said the balance was outta whack. So after they rebalanced em, problem was solved.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had 2 shops examine the tires, and balance them. They both said they were good. The Honda dealership said they couldn't find anything wrong with my suspension, but I don't think they drove it.
I am still not sure what it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.