Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i start my car and notice that the insturment cluster is a little dim... just barely. I drive around for a while, not problems at all.

get to the taco bell drive thru and my tach is hte first to drop, then my stereo cuts off. i cant get out of line now (squeezed in, and i need my TB :twisted: ). idle is slightly lumpy, so i turn my headlights off and its back to normal. everything is fine until i got to pull off once i get my food: i turn my lights on and my car shuts off.

i try to start it like 30 minutes later and it starts no problem, get it about halfway home, dies, get it started, stalls, then push it like half a mile...

the first time it died the battery was still fine, like my lights and stereo worked, it just wouldnt turn over... after that nothing would happen but a slight click.

so, dead alternator? what about the ignitor?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Could be a dead alternator/battery situation...or a faulty wire in that circuit that is preventing proper charging. Start with a test of the battery and alternator and then go from there.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
You know this sounds really weird, but I had a very similar problem one time and I finally figured out it was a loose ground from the engine to the body. You know that dinky little brown cable they have on the valve cover that is connected to the body by the radiator? Well, I had replaced that cable with a much thicker one, and the terminal ends came loose. Once I fixed that, it was good. Just trying to give suggestions that are "outside the box." It really could be the alternator.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Jeff said:
Could it be the Taco Bell?
Your baby's giving you a sign :wink: no more taco bell :wink:

i'm sure shes not happy with what the beans do to you anyhow :lol:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whoops, i forgot i made this thread :oops:

me and a couple friends replaced the alternator in my parking lot, and after a jump it fired right up and has ran fine since!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts