Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the track this Friday on a run my shift linkage fell down into the abyss.
I found that the rear bracket that holds the rubber bushing that the whole assembly rotates on was bent and the bushing was chewed up.

Got a new one out of a TEG and tried to install it and I realized that the linkage is about a inch or so too short, hense the failure after time.

I didn't do the swap so I assumed that it was done properly, but maybe not.

Is this what the issue is, length, when you don't get a conversion linkage?

I doubt my whole engine moved, mounts seems fine.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
What year Integra is the linkage out of? I know DA Integra (90-93) linkages are too long, but I've never heard of teg linkages being too short. Unless it's from a 1st gen or something. Which linkage are you replacing, the change rod or the compensator rod? Or both?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jfrolang said:
What year Integra is the linkage out of? I know DA Integra (90-93) linkages are too long, but I've never heard of teg linkages being too short. Unless it's from a 1st gen or something. Which linkage are you replacing, the change rod or the compensator rod? Or both?
I was using the linkage that was in the car, and I realized it was too short. I only took the rear assembly that is held by 2 bolts from a Teg. It fits fine. Its the round tube on the end of the linkage that goes into the rubber bushing that is too short. I think the guy who did the swap just left the original linkage from the crx in and its too short. Is that right? I was going to buy a hasport one for the b16 swap.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Im confused, which linkage was to short, the one that was in your car or the one from the teg?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Angry said:
Im confused, which linkage was to short, the one that was in your car or the one from the teg?
The one that was in my car, guess it was the stock one. I went and bought a Hasport linkage. I think the swap was done wrong in this regard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.