Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to first sand the raised lettering off the lights then maybe a couple coats off clear. Will this give me the show quality type shine I need?? Now the raised lettering I guess I can just work from like a 600 to 1500 grit to get the lettering and mild imperfections out. then a couple of coats of clear? Anybody else would do it different? Has anybody done it? any help?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
SETI20 said:
Using the proper products you can get them really really shiny.
You can clear them. That will give a different, deeper type of gloss. Not mirror like, like buffing would do.
We have cleared allot of tail lights. . . . not walmart clear in a can Regular old clear that you clear the base coat with. . . . .Rusults are amazing Esp on dulled out old lenses.. Everytime i apint a car i clear the lights. . Makes a huge difference. . . mabye i am buffing wrong. But i cant imagine getting a smoother seeper glossier shine than the clear coat. . . . As for the letters never tried taking it off to be honest with you.. . . I have always just cleared the lights. wet sanded if needed and buffed. . .

Great results ( these were probably the worst looking most faded out looking lights i have ever seen aqnd they shined up like a new penny. .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.