Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2,037 Posts
bobski said:
jmart said:
Better yet, stay away from guns altogether.
Why?
Well, let see. Guns were invented to kill things. And no matter whos hands they are in they have a remarkable tendency to always succeed at doing so.

· Registered
2,605 Posts
jmart said:
Guns were invented to kill things. And no matter whos hands they are in they have a remarkable tendency to always succeed at doing so.
The intended use of the first guns is debatable.
I've fired a gun on several occations and have never killed anything (ok, maybe a few microbes) in the process. Either I'm doing it wrong or your viewpoint has been skewed by too much news reporting and too little first hand experience. As jfrolang pointed out, when someone gets it in their head, they will find an adequate weapon, guns or not.

· Registered
2,037 Posts
Its debatable whether or not guns were made to kill things? How is that debatable? I suppose its also debatable what nuclear bombs and mustard gas are really made for too, huh?

People may say that they like guns for some sort of sport or recreation. Just to shoot at a target, or at nothing perhaps, for enjoyment. I'd be willing to bet most gun owners have them to fill an ego void. Like all those poor souls with no self confidence that drive big trucks, or want to make a ton of money, so that they too, like gun toters can feel the illusion of power over something else. Shame shame. And hunting some may say... Come on, no one needs to hunt to survive and obtain food these days.

But regardless of whether I am right or wrong about the purpose of guns, no one can deny that every day these weapons cause accidental deaths or innocent people. So to me, having a gun means running the risk of killing/injuring someone myself, or of someone close to me running the risk of being injured. It makes me uneasy at times becasue my dad is a police officer and carries a gun. He thanks the god he believes in every day that he has never had to shoot someone in the line of duty. But I'll tell you what, his partner was shot once working in LA. And my cousin who is also an officer was forced to shoot and kill a man in self defence. And neither of them is able to talk about it. Why argue as a proponent for owning implements of destruction?

· Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
............. Guns are no more dangerous than the person behind the trigger... PERIOD. Obviously, like in the picture i posted, the moron behind the trigger is dangerous... the gun isn't. It is an inanimate object, until a human does something stupid.

A CRX is more dangerous than my Colt 1911... from a statistical point of view. No one wants to use either of our inanimate objects to injure or kill anyone, but there is a MUCH higher chance that your CRX will kill than my Handgun.

· Registered
2,037 Posts
[edit]

I apologize to all those who are offended by me posting my opinion on this forum, in this post. I shant make the same mistake twice.

John, you can have your post back. And someone else can have the last word.

· Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Its not a matter of last words, cause i know i could care less about that. And i don't mind you having your opinion, after all, that is your RIGHT (although this is a private forum, and not a public area, but i doubt Tom will want to do the 'Steve-move' and suppress EVERYTHING he doesn't agree with.. haha!).

I did however ask for some respect in keeping certain things out of my thread which is meant to be fun, not begin a heated debate between Jfro and you. You can easily start another thread, and i won't bitch at all, and i may actually join in a little bit to voice my opinions on the matter... but not in this thread.... which, has already basically gone to hell over all of this crap to, so in trying to keep it 'clean', i still allowed it to get messy... so lose-lose on that one.

But keep in mind J.... i'm not offended, and i doubt you offended anyone else just because you posted your opinion... and even if you did, who cares? I'm sure that i offend people all the time by posting certain opinions i have about things... I'm quite head-strong when it comes to my opinions, and it sorta comes off the wrong way sometimes.

What i was upset about, is that i asked that it not be done in this particular thread..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.