Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hood has a dent in it. Its not too bad, but it bothers me sometimes. The car is fairly stock - droped 1.75in on GSR blades. I could get a stock hood for like $50 or a carbon fiber for $300. If I get a stock one, it will probably not be red (like my car) so I will have to paint it or paint the whole car. With the cf hood, I don't have to worry about that.
Any input?
Comments?
Remarks?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I say you should definitely get a cf hood, get a good one that fits well though, and you wont even have to clear it either. Due to a rather large dent in my hood courtesy of a deer, Im getting one as well. The one Ive decided on getting is made by seibon, supposed to be the best on the market right now, theyre probably one of the more pricey cf hoods you can go with, but the quality is supposed to be there:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEIBON-C ... enameZWD1V

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got one of the VIS ones, it was more like 450 but it fits great awsome and the finish quality is wayyyy better then some of the cheepo ebay ones i've seen.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You know what I like to see with CF hoods, is when you do a clear coat over it, put in just a pinch of your car color so it's tinted the color of the car. Hottness.

^^the one on the right is color matched, the one on the left is not. HUGE difference. I think with a red car, that would be sexy as hell.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Since you're gonna pay just as much for a stock hood once you get it painted, it all comes down to which one you think looks better. I'd go CF, who cares, just go for it. I would probably consider swapping the GSR blades out for a set of aftermarket wheels...at least some Rotas or something. The blades look awesome on a stock-ish CRX, but with a CF hood you need something a little less "stock". I'd say pick up some black (or gunmetal) wheels with a polished lip...the black would set off the CF hood very nicely on a red car while the polished lip would still catch your eye.

Some people will say CF is played out, but I still think it's a cool look. The look of a bright or light colored car with a black hood has always worked, it looked awesome on all the Mopar musclecars, on the Mustang Mach I, etc., and it still looks kickass on cars like ours...just has some attitude, makes the car look a little meaner.

Above all, though, do what YOU want to do...it's YOUR car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.