Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya well i got a 97 ex civic AUTO i freaking will never get another automatic car again in my live. I did nothing to make it break. When shifting it will make the car do one hard jerk then the rpms will go up on its own then catch the gear then rpms drop. Like for example i was driving thro a intersection that just turned green i was at 2500 rpms while medium acceleration. Then it jerks RPMS shut up to 5000 holy crap and then catchs and i can smell **** burning. But if i get on the gas before its going to shift like get the rpms up to around 3200 ish and then get it to shift it wont really jerk to hard but still a hard shift. And it some times it has hard down shifts. And the rpms bobble sometimes randomly when i have cruise control on and it doesnt make the car slow down :?: car has 127k miles it should be doing this. :twisted:

Well anyways i was wondering if it was worth it to part it out or to sell it as "needs new transmission"? I mean in about 2 months im going to be buying a B16 full swap for $2206 from hmotorsonlie for my crx. so i what you think i should do. Wait and sell it, or fix it and ruin my dreams of a having my crx?

How much you think i can get for it it has no rust but the doors have spots where they did bad bent pulling, basically dents from them removing dents. What you think i should do?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
do you need two cars? the civic and the crx ?

if you just want a crx, put the money there, if you want the civic, then put it into the trans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.