Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The series 2 CRX Si has always seemed a bit front heavy to me and I don't think the impression is created just by the body shape.

I want a more "parallel to the ground" look as well as better handling. Lowereing the car a 1/2" or so more in the back than the front should help both.

I'm also considering a SiR spoiler but I believe there are 2 or 3 different kinds. Here's one kind seen relatively often on e-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=270080184914

I've seen another kind before that claimed to be JDM SiR with the third break light built in - this type sits above the hatch surface rather than being directly on top of it (no pic, sorry). It may have been off a Civic Si.

I also only want to put stock Honda parts on the car.

What suggestions do you all have (and no rice of course!)

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
the spoiler in that auction is off the EDM and JDM non VTEC cars.

The other 2 are off the CRX VTI (EDM) and the CRX SiR (JDM). This wing may have been an option on the other models, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
To my knowledge there are only 2 types of OEM spoilers for the Crx.

The one in the auction link you posted above is the more flush, NON-vtec Crx spoiler.

The one that came on the Crx w/ the b16 (SiR/VT) looks like this,
http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp? ... &PT_ID=225

Personally, i like the look of the flush spoiler better.

andystart said:
I've seen another kind before that claimed to be JDM SiR with the third break light built in - this type sits above the hatch surface rather than being directly on top of it (no pic, sorry). It may have been off a Civic Si.
The one you are talking about there, you don't need to worry about as it won't fit the Crx anyway, it is, as you guessed is from 88-91 Civic Hatch,

·
Registered
407 Posts
Does anyone make them without a wiper hole? I have a Hf and dont really need the hole in it and don't think it'd look right with just a hole there. Also, does anyone make them in Carbon Fiber?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
badnewz said:
My fault, so how much for the wing shipped? Do you have a business website I can order from or are these just parts that you have and are trying to sell.
you've got my interest also. I want the non vtec spoiler for my non vtec soon to be zc'd rex. hehe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.