Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a new receiver in my crx and was wondering about recomendations. If I can get one all in one with sirius I would want that. I have Sirius in my 2 other cars via add ons. I want to leave speakers in stock location. Dealer said that the Infinity Kappa series is the best with 6.5" in the back and 5.25 in the front. Is there a conversion wiring harness for the Rex?
Anyone with thoughts on this?

·
Registered
529 Posts
you really dont need anything for rear fill, especially when you dont have anyone sitting in the back. so get the 6.5s for the front, and leave the back empty. :wink:

as for Satelite radio, just about everyone has jumped on this and a lot of newer headunits are "SAT Ready" meaning, with a tuner and antenea, they will work with XM or Sirius. I dont konw of any specific sirius stuff, but for XM i have a XM ready alpine CD player and an XM direct tuner under the passenger seat running to the back of the cd player.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
pretty much any infinity speaker is nice, you can save some money and go with the reference series, they still sound great. I have also had systems with Polk ex series, they have a beautiful sound as well.

As for receiver, Kenwood has many choices and they have sirius-ready receivers up the wahzoo. I'd say any sirius ready deck is fine, just find one in which you like the faceplate design. I also like Pioneer, but I believe they have XM built in. Only company I have had problems with is Sony decks. Wire harness for aftermarket deck shoudn't be a problem, if you can't find one just order one from Crutchfield.

Tell me what you end up getting, I'm planning on putting a system in my rex in another month or two. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.