Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 CRX Hf and my shifter is really sloppy im thinking its the shifter bushing. i already order prothane shifter stabilizers from jcwhitney any of you have them on your cars. tell me how they are.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm with the above post. The poly bushings help a ton, but in your case the issue is most likely a bit deeper in to your car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was driving it today and shifter gave out it wont go into any gear it feels like just the shifter is there but not grabing anything i havnt been able to look at it beacuse its been raining but as soon as it stops ill check it out.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Just crawl under the car and look.Its a simple visual inspection.
I have had the shifter bolt loosen(the one that connects the handle to the linkage).Check there first.Now that it won't go in gear I'm willing to bet that your's fell out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your right i got under it today and the screw that goes in between them was not there i put a rubber type of bushing in the shifter and got a screw to hold the linkage to the shifter and its pretty thight its not sloppy like it was when i moved the shifter up and down but when i move it side to side its still a little sloppy im hopeing the new bushings will do the trick. oh and do you think i can get what im missing from an auto parts store or do i have to go to a honda dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Thats a dealer part only amigo,but why pay for a sucky stock one when you can pick up a nice set from ES?

LINK to energy suspension
Look down under the "Civic & CRX 1984-91"

Part #=
1988-91
Manual Transmission Shifter Stabilizer Bushing Set

I believe its around $15 to 20 from ES.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.