Honda CRX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
razordave said:
Rock and Roll! You pretty much have this figured out.
Yeah I just need to buy another cluster or shroud and get it made
bairdandrew77 said:
Looks really clean on the outside, keep up the good work
Thanks, it looks good from a far but there's a bunch of tiny things you can see close up and it really bothers me.

So nothing really happened since my last update, I installed my rack, inner rods and steering joint about a month ago. I didn't get any pictures of it since it was a pretty time consuming job and I did it right after work so I was pretty tired after finishing the job. Managed to get my toe spot on and didn't pull or anything so I just left it since I knew it was going to get stored in a few weeks.

The car is currently sleeping in my garage under the car cover while I stock pile a bunch of parts before doing some work around spring.

I ended up buying another bucket seat for no real reason, mainly cause I got it for cheap and it's somewhat rare. I only know of 1 other one in North America so this should be 1/2.

I also managed to pick up a set of BNIB JDM SiR head lights for dirt cheap this morning

I dont plan on putting these on the car since I have a pair of EDM glass lights that I want to get retrofitted sometime this spring. It's nice to have though

The plan for for spring is to take out the dash and everything behind it and paint the interior VSM or something like that maybe add a ton of flake while I'm at it.

While the car was at the body shop earlier this year I found some rust along the passenger drip rail and a small hole where the hatch sits. I also need to find new doors since the passenger side door has a botched repair on it and one of the seals is ripped and is starting to rust a bit. I also need a new hatch since one of the moldings is damaged and is letting water in and of course the molding I need is discontinued :hurr:

Engine and drivetrain wise I don't plan on doing much just a intake, header,a new clutch, flywheel and some maintenance items

Suspension is going to stay the same, just going to replace some worn bushings

Im probably forgetting a bunch of things that I want to do but I'll address them when I remember

This log is going to be dead for a couple months since it's winter and im lazy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Decided to work on the car a bit and managed to take out the AC compressor, power steering cooler, some ps line + ac lines and the stock intake silencer thingy.

It took me awhile to get the compressor out because I ended up taking out the bolts for the bracket instead of the compressor. Now that it's out all I need to do is take out the condenser and everything on the inside of the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
CRXEF8 said:
Where 's the like button lol !
:)b

Not really a update but the Advans came in on Friday

The wheels are in decent shape. One of them has a bit of curb rash so I'm going to see if I can get it fixed without having the sticker damage.

Test fit one of the 16x8 up front today and it fits if I run the same amount of camber which is like -3 or so.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do fender wise. I can keep them untouched but run -3 camber like so

buy wider fenders/flares and run a 10-15mm spacer to flush it out

or just space out the stock fenders and take out a bit of camber.

Lots of options to choose from so I'm going to take my time and decide what I'll do

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
My new car is like the hatch, 215-45r17.

They rub, a lot.

I also have issues with dartiness, which I'm not sure if it's a toe out condition or the ebay traction bar.

I'm sure whatever you choose, it'll look great. Your car is so nice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
razordave said:
My new car is like the hatch, 215-45r17.

They rub, a lot.

I also have issues with dartiness, which I'm not sure if it's a toe out condition or the ebay traction bar.

I'm sure whatever you choose, it'll look great. Your car is so nice.
Wow 17 on a CRX, those must look huge on it. I also decided on a route for the fenders, you'll see later this week ;)

JesSi00 said:
Nice find with the new head lights :)b I haven't been able to find a pair of lights that I'm happy with.
Thanks, turns out they aren't brand new but they're in like new condition which is good enough for me

Anyways, decided to put in some work on the car.

Removed the seats and the remaining sound deadening and I think I probably took out around 15lbs. I need to get some brake clean or something and wipe down the floor as there's still some glue on it.

Since I picked up that other bucket seat Im trying to figure out which one to use as a drivers seat. The 326 one is a lot tighter of a seat compared to the Bride one but I don't think I can drive around with such a tight seat.

Went around to fixing my front end alignment. After getting hit when it was parked on the street the alignment of bumper wasn't quite right. Turns out one of little plastic bumper supports was broken and a metal bracket was bent. So I bought a new plastic piece and hammered the metal bracket back into shape. I still need to change out the support because it's slightly bent. I have a new one in my room but I'm waiting for my Js bumper so I can put it on that bumper.

Also swapped out my passenger fender for the spare one I had laying around. Just need to cut a hole for the side marker

Started to remove my dash today so I can remove the heater core and everything else for paint and so it's easier to do my wire tuck for the chassis harness. I should have it out by tomorrow.

That's it for now but should have another update by the weekend as I'm picking up some parts on Thursday

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

Picked up some parts today, Js Racing fender flares and a Wilwood BBK.

Roughly test fit the flares on the passenger side and I'm in love. I'm not going to trim them until my Js bumper gets here so I can see how it fits on it

Test fit the BBK and it sorta fits. I have to order new mounting kit for it since I'm missing a few washers and what not and trim the ears on for the knuckle so the caliper doesn't hit it.

I didn't work on pulling the dash today because I was lazy but it will be out before the end of the week

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
razordave said:
I love updates on your thread.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks, good to know someone else enjoys the updates

BannisteR said:
Nice brakes :)b
:) I was going to get the Spoon ones but I got this for a good price with the flares so I couldn't pass it up. Planning on getting the rears also :)b

So here's a quick update, I sold my kevlar Zeta to a guy I know in Texas for his wife's EF hatch build, bought a 330mm Nardi Classic so the Vertex will be for sale, purchased new bolt kit for the Wilwood calipers as I was missing some and I actually drove it for 2 weeks since it was so beautiful out a couple weeks ago.

I also got a update on my Js hood and bumper, they should be shipping out later tonight or early tomorrow morning! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I also bought another pair of flares because the used ones I bought were cut at different lengths and I also bought the Js Racing rad cap and thermostat since Im planning on installing the Koyo rad and doing maintenance in a few weeks/when it get better out again (just snowed 10cm today :()

Also all of those parts should be here within a week or 2 then I'll update the thread when they arrive

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Anyways like I said, last Tuesday FedEx finally dropped off my Js Racing hood, bumper and flares. I even took a day off work so I could be home while they delivered it.

I can't wait to install the hood and the bumper but I've been told that they might have fitment issues. I've read about people having some issues where the bumper wouldn't line up properly where it meet with the fender and where the hood doesn't sit well with one of the headlights. I knew about these issues before buying the parts but hopefully I won't have any problems.

Also the finish on the bumper is very rough, going to have to sand down some spots and fix some other spots but so far it doesn't look bad. Another problem I have is that there looks like there some high spots on the hood, it looks like it's chipped but it's going to get cover with vinyl so I don't really mind.

Another problem that I have is that it looks like someone cut into what we're supposed to be a brand new set of flares

I have to trim a lot of the fender anyways so it fits perfectly with the bumper and everything so after trimming I'll see what I have to refiberglass/fix when that time comes

While these were being shipped from the states to here, I bought and sold some things
Sold my Bride Zeta Pro Type with the seat rail to my friend in Texas, I'm thinking of either getting a older Bride Brix or a Recaro confetti seat. Or I might just not have a passenger seat at all.
Bought a expired Willan harness for cheap so I can use it when my roll cage gets here
Bought a Nardi Classic to replace my Vertex one (it's for sale btw)
Replaced my head light/turn signal stalk since mine snapped off a couple weeks ago
I also ordered a Js Racing thermostat and rad cap as well, the rad cap came with the bumper and everything else but the thermostat is getting shipped from Japan so it should be here this week.

With my Nardi wheel I'm having a problem with my horn button. The part of the quick release that attaches to the wheel is very shallow and the horn button won't fit properly since it's deeper than the quick release. So I either have to trim it down so it fits or buy another wheel. I hope I can trim this horn button down since apparently this Nardi Tokyo one is quite rare

I removed the chicken mesh wire that was on the hood and I think it looks way better without it (you can kinda see the blemishes along the top of the hood)

My Wilwood bolt kits finally came as well, I accidentally bought 2 extra kits since I thought I needed 1 kit per side, these will be installed soon, hopefully my wheel will clear them, if not I'm going to have to get spacers. I actually thought someone stole my package because when I checked the tracking number it showed that FedEx left the package outside. When I checked after work there wasn't a package so I was pretty sour to find out that it wasn't there. Turned out my neighbor had it and returned it 2 days later... don't know why he had it for 2 days before returning it but I'm glad he did. Otherwise he'd have a bunch of bolts

Swapped out the Zeros with the 326 Power one today as well

Well that's about it since the last update, I'm planning on doing a bunch of work on the CR-X this weekend if it somewhat decent out

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Ok so some things happened since the last post. Ended up installing the hood and bumper

So the hood and bumper have fitment issues, the bumper doesn't line up correctly on the passenger side where it meets the fender. The hood has various spots that aren't the greatest either. It doesn't really bother me anymore but for the money I paid I shouldn't have problems like these.

As you may know, the flares that I bought were supposed to be brand new but they ended up having cuts in them. I was going to fix them but I ended up getting a pair of OsakaJDM fenders for a EF hatch. When I test Devon's pair last week I was really impressed by the quality of it. Fitment was pretty good as well, only difference between the CRX fenders are the corner lights and the lower part of the fender where some trim should be.

I also have a change of plans for the engine department, ended up buying a K20Z1 with tranny, half shaft, shifter box + cables and a ecu. I don't plan on installing it until next winter so it's just gonna sit at my shop for awhile while I do some maintenance stuff on it and inspect it.

Did an alignment at work since I swapped out my old hard race front camber arms for another set of hard race ones. The bolts that hold down the balljoint ended up walking out so I put some random bolts in to hold it down.

Yeah that's right, -5.4 camber up front. Looks pretty cool I'm not gonna lie

So that's it for now until the fenders come in a month or so. EF hatch corner lights have been purchased so I should see them in a week.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts