Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i take my crx out. When i come back theres smoke coming out of my tail. :evil:
So i go ahead and pull the spark plugs and theres oil on them. so i figure the head gaskets gone. Fun so i leave it in the garage and try and figure out how i want to fix it. But about a week later i come back to take the car out and NO SMOKE :shock:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Did you drive it around a lot the second time. I had a warped head and cracked head gasket and I remember it had its good and bad days. Make sure you have coolant in the engine as well. How much smoke is there?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now theres no smoke.
Once in a while when the engine gets in the high rpms it will smoke for a little bit but by the next morning theres no smoke
like i had a friend over to look at it. he reved the engine hard and thats when the smoke was worste :evil:

·
Registered
58 Posts
if it smokes a blueish color smoke at high rpm's then its probrably your oil rings. i pretty much consider it normal for a honda to burn oil at high rpms, it just depends on how much smoke we're actually talking about here. you said upon start up you have lots of black smoke?? usually thats unburnt fuel, did it have trouble starting at all and possibly got a little flooded??

·
Registered
183 Posts
stevethecat said:
Ok so i take my crx out. When i come back theres smoke coming out of my tail. :evil:
So i go ahead and pull the spark plugs and theres oil on them. so i figure the head gaskets gone. Fun so i leave it in the garage and try and figure out how i want to fix it. But about a week later i come back to take the car out and NO SMOKE :shock:
Your valve seals are maybe shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.