Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought new plugs/wires would cure the stuttering problem my CRX had, but unfortunately it didn't. The other day I decided to replace the dizzy, since it's free under warranty, and it was the last thing in the ignition system to check.
So I pulled it off... and it was rattling! I take off the cap to find the rotor bent and destroyed, and a couple of the points on the cap bent back and corroded, WTF!? So I shake the dizzy a little and a phillips head universal screwdriver end falls out! Another reason not to work on the car with no sleep!
So I had a couple extra caps, and I bought a new rotor, and got the dizzy replaced anyway, even though it looked ok, just to be sure. Put it on and the car is perfect now, no more stuttering at all, pulls hard like it should.
I'm still breaking in the new build, so no trips all the way up to redline quite yet, but we're getting there. Matt sent me a new VTEC solenoid yesterday and that's working well now. I forgot how fun and zippy it could be!
I'm a little disappointed that I didn't find the screwdriver thing earlier, we may have been able to tune the motor on the ZC pistons, but maybe that's a project for later.

And it gets even better... it's my day off, so I don't have to go anywhere, just chill out and enjoy the weather, so I'm home waiting for UPS to show up with a package from Crower...

·
Registered
711 Posts
ef8crazy said:
my dad forgot to put the screw back for the cap and it slipped cross country( CO to GA) and long story short cost a lot of money to tow
ouch that hurts to hear man...

i've heard of an incident at a canadian tire where a mechanic forgot to put back a customers oil cap (on the valve cover) after doing an oil change, and then starting the motor... :shock:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
coldtotouch said:
i've heard of an incident at a canadian tire where a mechanic forgot to put back a customers oil cap (on the valve cover) after doing an oil change, and then starting the motor... :shock:
a friend of mine had a saturn sl2 and it burned oil, so he was adding oil all the time. one time he added and forgot to put the cap on...and drove 100 miles home from college for the weekend! Towards the end of the trip the car was acting strangely. When he got home, he popped the hood, oil was all over, and the cap was still there, it had fallen and was wedged between some a/c lines. He added more oil, put the cap on, and everything was fine!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
FooFighter said:
In my old Hyundai Excel I was adding oil and forgot to put the cap back on...
I drove for a week before I noticed that one of the cylinders had just seized!
I've driven for a week with SEVERAL tools left on the lip by the winshield and found them a week later, but my best is when I left my wallet on the roof, drove home 12 miles from a store and it was still there!

Oh btw, did you take your name from the dance group?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.